40-mating machine

"No, absolutely not."

"But-"

"No, you will not leave him."

"He is useless to me!"

"He is your choosen mate. You are not to leave him."

"Dad-"

"You are also engaged to him. He is the lead hunter and you want to leave the highest demon, other than us royals, to go back to a human?" My father snarls.

"Please-" I beg.

"Ash Claire Demon!" My father yells my entire name. "You will not leave your fiancee for a human!"

My eyes widen in shock at my full name. I didn't know he knew my middle name.

"Sir, it was my-" Arnen begins but is cut off.

"You can and will be downgraded if you agree with her." My father warns.

I slam my hands on my father's desk, almost cracking it. "Don't you dare play that card, asshole! I'm not calling off the engagement but I want to find out if my mate is who I want to be with. I love Arnen but I want a shot at loving my soulmate too."

My father stands to his full height, towering over my 5 foot 7 height. His 6 foot 5 height, makes him more intimidating that me.

His eyes turn red as his demon fights him. "Ash, you will respect me-"

"I will respect you when you respect my decisions. I am not getting any claim to the throne but I sure as hell want to decide my own decisions." I snap, anger fueling my brain. Not a good thing but if it gets my point across then I am all for it.

"I am your father-"

"But I am an adult! I am a 22 year old woman. I an not a child anymore!"

"You are the last of our species! You need to reproduce to keeep our species alive!"

"I am not a mating machine! I am a living, breathing, feeling creature! I am not made to have sex then give birth for only the sole purpose to keep us alive!"

"If that is what I want you to do then, god damn it, you will do it!"

I growl, low and deep. "I. Am. Not. A. Breeding. Machine!" I snap.

I turn on my heel and walk out of the room. I need to call Jessie. He will help me smack sense into our father.

°•°•

"Jessie!" I bellow at the top of my lungs, making the castle around me become silent. A lot of hisses are aimed at me but my view is on my twin brother.

Now, the castle I'm in isnt some princess-y shit. This is a dark, cold castle. Something made for creatures of the night, something made for creatures that live off of a thick, red liquid inside of living, breathing creatures.

The red curtians block out the sunlight allowing the vampires to have a human schedule to fit in. You know, besides the demonic looking castle, but humans do find this place interesting. I have never found out why.

I see the guards begin to run towards me but with a twist of my hands, they fly back and hit the walls.

The vampire princess walks out from the door and meets my two toned eyes. Her blue ones widen and I flash my signature smirk.

"Princess, may I barrow your prince?" I ask sweetly.

"Whatever for?"

"I need to talk to him." I growl out, making her flinch.

No guilt, she knows I am his sister and she knows what I am.

"Y-yes, well, let me go and find him then."

"No need, Jessamine. I felt my sister the second she stepped on to castle grounds." Jessie speaks from behind me. "She is a powerful demon."

I snicker. "Oh, yes, I am, Prince Jessie of the vampires."

He growls from behind me and I turn around to face my brother.

"What do you need, Ash?" Jessie asks, sounding exhausted.

"To ask for you to help me talk sense into our father. He won't let-"

I get cut off by a hand over my mouth.

"These vampires are way too nosey. They will be curious on why the prince's sister showed up to ask him for a favor and all that crap." Jessie uses the bond.

"You wanna make then talk about something spicy then?" I ask, a little too hopeful.

"Sure?" Jessie says hesitantly, outloud.

"You little son of a bitch! You and Damien took the throne from me when it was my right before yours. You need to go screw yourself!" I bellow, trying to not laugh.

"Being a twin sucks doesn't it, you little fucker. Damien deserves the throne and I earned where I am now. So go back to your little toy hunter and stay with him. You will keep your title as crown princess and lead assassin but that is it. I want my own life away from you. I'm sick and tired of you." Jessie growls.

I snarl rips through me. "You little son of a bitch! You bet father will hear about this!"

"Fine! I'm not scared of him!"

I turn on my heel and storm out of the castle, my power dripping from me.

"I want to meet you at home so we can talk. This is a very serious matter for me." I beg him.

"I will be there shortly, Ash." Jessie responds and I create a portal home and step through.

°•°•

"JESSIE!" Damien bellows from downstairs. Jessie and I are currently in my room and we are sitting across from each other like to school girls talking.

I turn towards Jessie, after looking out my door to see if anyone is coming. "Dad won't let me leave Arnen to try and see if I want to go back to Alex."

My brother smiles happily. "I knew you would feel something even after all this time but I didn't think you would leave Arnen for it."

"Jess, I don't know what to do. I want to see if I can fall for Alex again but I don't want to leave Arnen."

"Ash, do what feels right. I fell for Jessamine and looks at us now. It started off as something meant for power now-"

"Jess, I love Arnen but I feel something for Alex too. I think I fell in love with him six years ago and now I love two people."

He stays silent. I look up to his face to see his eyes glazed over.

"Jess?"

"Ash, I need you to do one thing for me." Jessie asks, eyes still glassy.

"Yeah?"

"Go to Alex and calm him down." My brother's black eyes snap to mine and I see shock. "Your little human mate is killing all of our kind and our princess needs to save them."

I smile. "Yay!" I mutter sarcastically.