35-Demons don't love, darling.

I scream out as the pain travels from my stomach towards my chest. I feel hands pull away before two cold ones land on me. I sigh in relief.

"Leave them be. Her demon won't attach if others are around." Dad orders.

Arnen sits on the bed beside my head and pulls me on his lap slightly. "Ash, princess, I accept you. After your father talked to to me about courting you, I went to Bloody Mary and asked her if I would have the chance of a mate. She said no so I told your father yes."

I curl up against his cold body, my overheating one cooling down.

He strokes my arm and down my sides, hands lingering at my hips. The pain lessens. He leans down and catches my eyes. My two colored ones hold his brown ones. I feel my demon surface. Arnen's eyes become black as his demons surfaces.

Let me! Human! Give me control!

I close my eyes and my demon surfaces. My eyes snap open to me Arnen's.

"What do you want, boy?" My demon asks.

"I want you, princess. You are all I want." His demon purrs.

I scoff. "Why?" My demon asks.

"I won't have a soul mate and you are beautiful. You also have power."

I smirk. "So you want me for power?"

"No no! I am going to be the lead hunter in a few days. I don't need or want the power. I just want someone to love."

"Demons don't love, darling. What makes you think you are any different?" My demon growls.

"Our human loves, angels love, wolves love, and even those damn vampires love so why can't we love?"

My demon laughs, the pain almost gone. Is she accepting him!?

"We can't love because we weren't made to love."

"You love your fucked up family. Why can't I have a chance for love?"

My body moves to my demons will. She makes us sit up and face Arnen's demon. My hands land on his shoulders and our face is inches apart.

"You aren't made for these types of emotions but if you want, I accept you. I will let you have a chance to prove me wrong."

The demon in front of me smiles and ducks down until his lips are on mine.

My demon kisses him back until she feels satisfied and gives me control. Sadly, she doesn't realize how horrible I feel about cheating on my true mate. I might have been heart broken but only my demon would have died.

I pull away and back away. "I-I can't, Arnen."

"Princess, please." He purrs, coming closer to me. "Let me show you how much I want you."

I shake my head, backing away. "No!"

"Please, doll, let me show you how perfect we are for each other." Arnen purrs. I meet his eyes to see his demon isn't in control anymore. This is the human part of him.

He pulls his shirt off swiftly, making me lose my concentration. He walks up to me in a few strides and grips my hips in his hands.

His lips find mine and everything after that is a blur of pain and bliss.

°•°•

"So what do you plan on doing then? Am I going to take the crown? Is Jessie? What is going to happen, dad?" Damien asks as we sit at the dining room table a year after the whole ball incident.