Kabanata 1

Kabanata 1

Kourtney's POV

I heard two consecutive knocks from outside my room then I heard one of our helpers say

"Miss Kourt, Madam wants you to her office now." Mom? I curiously asked myself. My forehead frowned and at the same time, I had an idea why. In the end, I just sighed and stood up in my seat.

"All right, tell her I'll be there in a few minutes..."

  Before finally leaving my room, I looked at the full-size mirror to check what I look like in my new dress.  I immediately smiled when I saw my reflection. Perfect! I said happily to myself.

I am wearing a white backless dress with cherry blossoms print and was above the knee-high.

The truth is, I just bought this dress earlier from Dior with my friends. We were outside the Dior store when I immediately saw this dress worn by one of their mannequins that was displayed in the middle of the store, it was so beautiful and I couldn't take my eyes off the dress.

And my interest in the dress became even more intense when the clerk said that they only had one stock.

I couldn't think of anything else aside from this dress that would really look good on me and it is meant for me because of the idea there is only one stock left, even though I feel like the dress is overpriced for five hundred thousand pesos because of its very simple design. Okay, whatever! The only important thing is, this dress looks so good on me and my friends say the same thing that I looked like Barbie, so I took it.

However, it looks like my Mom didn't seem happy with what I did. Alright, I admit it, I overspent today, I spent almost three million pesos at the Dior store. My feelings got me again. I feel so happy with everyone complimenting me in the store earlier and as a thank you for all their compliments, I offer to pay for everything.

Eventually, I just sighed in the end and then hurried my way out of my room, I had already spent a few more minutes overthinking about what might happen with my conversation with Mom. Anyway, whatever she says is either me or she can't do anything. Three million is gone and we have a lot of money so that three million is nothing.

It's just that I can't help but think, why Mom is overreacting lately to my spending millions in a day, if you look at it, this is normal for us. It was like this then, so what's up? Unless... okay stop! Before I could continue what, I was going to say to myself, I just shook my head, twice. I am overthinking again. Our company can't be bankrupt. It will never happen!

When I entered the library, I immediately saw Mommy standing on the glass wall and talking on the phone. I also immediately noticed that she keeps on walking backwards, from her left to her right. They also seem to be talking so seriously whoever is on the other line. She didn't even notice my arrival. So I went straight to the sofa and decided to just wait there and relax. And since I'm not a fan of  reading books, to keep myself entertained I fished my phone out of my cute dress pocket.

I logged in to messenger since that's what I mostly do on my Facebook account. I even frowned as my phone vibrated with the number of messages that entered my messenger. There are group chats and personal messages. I keep getting notifications because my name is on their chats.

What's up? I asked myself and was immediately confused as to what I would prioritize to read in the number of messages. Personal messages or group messages?

I even bit my lower lip when I noticed that even those guys that I am not close with got a personal message for me. I'm starting to get nervous, what the hell is happening? Suddenly I am feeling like I am lost.