Kabanata 8

Kabanata 8

"I don't know if the news is true but Kim is the one who is promised to Travis." Who is Kim? I asked myself.

"I'm sure it's just gossip! If it's true that the Forgers have promised their sons then why Rush isn't married yet? What I know is that he's twenty-nine or twenty-eight! He should be married at that age!"

"What I heard is that he had an issue with his fiancée. The girl said she already has a boyfriend so she rejected Rush." Girl number 1

"Wow! Is she that pretty to say now to Rush for marriage? What the hell! She's f stupid for what she did!" One of them said again. Girl number 2

"Because she didn't know before that Rush was the one who was promised to her!"

These girls are full of gossip! They were talking about Travis and now it was easily shifted to Rush.

But only now did I find out that apart from the luxury life, the Forgers are also in favour of marriage for convenience.

Even though I'm only thirteen years old, I know what that marriage for convenience is. What I don't understand is why the Forgers are in favour of it, like they are rich. Rich af!

All I know is the main reason why some families agree to have an arranged marriage is that they are struggling and before they end up bank crap they will marry one of their children to the family who will help them run their business.

Forgers, on the other hand, do not seem to be losing money in their business based on the luxury parties that take place in their mansion and here in the city or at luxury hotels, where they are business partners of the hotel owner.

"And I heard Rush's ex fiancée wanted to continue the marriage, she said she wanted to marry him but Rush refused and I heard he is already in a private relationship with this unknown girl." I am amazed by the amount of news they have about the Forgers. Are the Forgers also business partners of their parents? Now, I wonder where they all got this news.

"Let's go back to Travis. Rush is older than us so we have no chance anyway." I saw in my peripheral vision how thick their make -up was. I couldn't help but make a face as my reaction to what I am seeing right now, while at the same time watching them nod at what one of them said.

"Did you say earlier that the name of Travis' rumored fiancé is Kim?" One of them nodded again as an answer.
"Her full name is Kim Madrigal."
"The socialite who is always in Paris because all the luxury brands always invite her to watch the show and value her opinion about fashion?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh my God! I am feeling frustrated! I mean I love her, the way she dresses, how sophisticated she is, her angelic face, the way she speaks, she sounds so nice and her accent. I love her British accent! And now I will find out that she's into Travis Forger too! Now, I am starting to hate her!"

"Isn't her family the owners of one of the big fast food chains here in the Philippines?" One of them nodded again.

"No wonder the Forgers promised one of their children to the Madrigals! The latest news is that the net worth of the Madrigals is already at eight hundred million." My eyes widened from what I heard!

"But the Forger's network is already at $1.8 billion, and is still unbeaten." Travis' wealth is horrifying. I can't imagine how many zeros that 1.8 billion dollars this big sister Marites is saying!

But at the same time, my hands are itching to google who Kim Madrigal is. Socialite and daughter of the owner of one of the largest fast food chains in the Philippines and her family have 800 hundred million net worth.

Speaking of net worth, I have no idea how much we have in my family. We own a shipping line here in the Philippines but we only cater to the Visayas and Mindanao because large ships are not allowed in the highlands.