Kabanata 4

Kabanata 4

Kourtney's POV

"Oh why are you still here? Are you not going to the beach as well?" Travis didn't answer but he looked at where I was sitting, and our parents followed where he was looking.

Our gaze met immediately and this time I had the strength to avert my gaze. It looks like Mom immediately understands what Travis means so she's the one who spoke on my behalf.

"Oh, did Kourtney tell you she wanted to join you going to the seashore?" And then Mom started combing my hair. I bit my lower lip, and I didn't tell Travis that I wanted to go to the sea, but if he's going to base it on the behavior I showed him earlier, I'm sure he knew that I really wanted to go to the beach.

The more I couldn't look at Travis out of embarrassment. That's why I was so shocked when he said,

"If it's okay with you Tito and Tita I'll take Kourtney with me so she can go for a walk on the beach with me while the weather isn't hot yet."

I thought it was the first and last summer that I would be with the Forger family but I was wrong.

A week before the end of the school year while I was having dinner with Mom and Dad, Dad suddenly opened a topic that surprised me. Forgers are always mentioned in my parents 'conversations but this time the suffix names of the Forgers in my parents' conversations are not about business.

"We're invited again to the Forgers' party next week." I immediately felt excitement at what Dad said. It's been almost a year since I saw the Forger guys.

And by the way, the reason why they have a party every summer at the Forgers' mansion is because it's a thanks giving party for all their business partners. Since the Forgers got a big empire and they are one of the richest families here in the Philippines.

Oh my God! I will see him again, I shake my head one after another because of the weird thought that crossed my mind, as I saw Travis' image in my mind. What I really mean is I'll see the Forger brothers again! So, I'm feeling excited.

I'll let Rush and Noah know that I grew taller from the few months we didn't meet. Last summer, they always teased me that my height is very small for my age.

What they didn't know was that I am one of the tallest girls in our class. I just look small in their eyes because they are old and they are naturally tall.

And based on my observation, they inherited their height from Mr Forger but Mrs Forger is also a tall woman.

We tried to invite the Forgers to my tenth birthday in December last year but they couldn't come, Rush is in Canada and is busy taking care of their new branch there.

Noah, on the other hand, is in the Philippines but can't come because he is also busy with his Master's and at the same time working as one of the board members of the main branch of their company.

The Forger couple were also on a business trip in the US and will be back after the new year in the Philippines, however, they sent me a gift.

I got a beautiful dress from the Forger couple, it's a Chanel dress. It came from the US and was shipped by their personal shopper just to make sure I'll receive it on or before my birthday.

Oh my God! I will see him again, I shake my head one after another because of the weird thought that crossed my mind, as I saw Travis' image in my mind. What I really mean is I'll see the Forger brothers again! So, I'm feeling excited.

I'll let Rush and Noah know that I grew taller from the few months we didn't meet. Last summer, they always teased me that my height is very small for my age.