Kabanata 2

Kabanata 2 

Kourtney's POV

I remember that day as if everything happened only yesterday, I was nine years old back then...

"Mommy, where are we going?" I asked Mom as I watched her in the mirror fixing my hair. She smiled at me before she answered me.

"Forger's mansion, Baby..." Mommy gave me a soft answer and then she finished fixing my hair.

I frowned at Mom's answer, trying to remember who the Forgers she was talking about.

Maybe Mom and Dad's new business partners. I said to myself.

"We're going on vacation there, I'm very sure you'll enjoy their place and also the mansion is close to the sea." My eyes widened at what she said feeling very excited. I don't know what's in the sea but I love it when we go to the beaches. It makes me so happy just by seeing the waves touch the sand. Wearing the sound of the waves.

It didn't take long and Mom and I left my room followed by our helpers who were carrying the luggage we were going to take for vacation.

We spent a day and a night on the trip to the Forgers mansion. From the highlands, where we live we will travel for a few hours until we reach the port and there we will board a ship with our car.

A few hours later after travelling on that big ship next, we will travel again through our car and then we would arrive at a private place where only one mansion stood.

A white mansion mostly made of glass is in front of us. The front is beautiful, there's a large garden on the left side while in the middle there is a spacious car park.

Before we finally got out of the car, Mommy reminded me first.

"Don't act like a brat Kourtney that's going to be embarrassing, especially to the Forgers!" I pouted at what Mommy said.

"Hon, it's okay... Kourtney is young, just let her do things what she usually does and I'm sure the Forgers will understand that." Daddy answered immediately, to Mommy trying to depend on my actions.

Eventually, Mommy just sighed while Dad caressed the top of my head, so I smiled at Daddy because he is my protector.

We got out of the car and as soon as I set my feet on the floor, I couldn't help but marvel at the beauty of the Forgers' mansion.

I also noticed the line of helpers at the entrance of the mansion as they waited for us. And there I noticed that the lives of the Forgers are very different compared to the life we ​​have.

Their lives are more luxurious than ours but I'm still comfortable with what we have so it's not a big deal.

"I'm glad you accepted our invitation, Franky!" The woman immediately said I think it was Mrs Forger. She looks a little older than Mommy though.

Dad nodded at what she had said, while Mommy also greeted the couple who were waiting for us with their helpers.

And then we walked to where they were standing. Mom kissed the cheek of Mrs Forger and shook hands with Mr Forger. While Daddy tapped Mr Forger's shoulder and a nod to Mrs Forger.

The couple asked how our trip was before their attention turned to me. My body was hidden behind Mom's leg while my hands were wrapped around her leg as well. And I just peeked in my head to see what was happening.

While we were travelling earlier, Mommy was talking about the Forgers and one of the things she said about the couple is that they have three sons but they didn't seem to be here in the mansion with them.