Kabanata 6

Kabanata 6

Instead of being rude to Travis, I just ignored him and decided that I would just keep walking until I passed on where he was standing. That was my plan and I was able to do it, well that's what I thought. Because I only took three steps away from him when I was forced to stop walking.

I even tried to get away from his grip on my left arm but he was stronger than me. I shouldn't have bothered in the place, what am I against twenty year old Travis? In the end, I sighed as I gave up trying to get my left arm back.

I frowned at him and said,

"What do you need from me?" Well, no matter how hard I try to calm my voice since I'm annoyed with him because he's a d amn playboy! I just can't! He's very annoying right now. Like how can he do it?! Like every summer he got a different girlfriend that he brings here to their mansion. Does he even care about what his parents or the people around will say about him being a playboy?

And before he could answer my first question, I asked him another question.

"And it's already dawn, why are you still awake? Aren't you drunk? And should be asleep by now." I asked him while looking straight into his eyes. I watched how his lips rose up until his lips formed into a smirk.

"Are you worried about me if I'm drunk?" He asked me using his faded voice. I feel my heart stop beating because of his facial expression and the way he looks at me, there is something in it that I can't name. But it's making me conscious. I can also feel the heat gradually wrapping around my face and to both my ears.

"No." It's indebted to tell him but it's still obvious from his facial expression that he is not convinced of what I said.
"I'm just curious why you're still awake!" And then I tried to pull my arm back from his grip, even though his grip on my hand is effortless I still couldn't get it back. This is super annoying! Now it makes me think that his hands are made of iron!
He didn't pay attention to what I said, sometimes I think that it was a waste of my effort to talk to Travis, because I often feel that he doesn't care about my opinion.
And then he changed the subject again.
"I'll join you for dinner." I pouted my lips when I heard what he said.
"I can eat alone. I don't need someone to babysit me! I'm grown up now, I'm ten years old and did you not recognize? I grew taller." I told him, frustrated at the same time, proud on the part that I grew taller at the same time hoping he would get my point.

"What if you feel like there was a ghost again?" He asked me. I scolded him, it was obvious he was teasing me again.

"Just like your Mom said there are no ghosts here in your house. And then can you just let go of my hand or I'll scratch you, using my long nails?!" I threatened him. His facial expression changed and it was obvious that he was mocking me, now he looks like he is scared.

"Just let go of me, Travis. I'm hungry. I want to go to the kitchen and look for food!" I said using my desperate voice.

I heard Travis say 'Psh' and then he pulled me as he started walking. Since he is stronger than me, I couldn't do anything but follow him.

When we were in the kitchen, my only plan was to look for fresh milk in the fridge just to satisfy my hunger and then if there are cookies on the counter tap that would be great, I'll have a few of it while having my milk. But I got confused when Travis went ahead of me to open the fridge. What is he up to? I asked myself.

"Are you hungry too?" I asked him with amusement and thought that because he is a son of a billionaire he did not know how to cook. So he'll just get fresh milk like me and then cookies, maybe?

And like what I have said, it's really a waste of your effort and saliva to talk to this a sshole, I often don't get an answer from him! And because he's so busy looking for what's in the fridge and I'm sure he can't hear me, I whispered.