𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

July 22, Las Vegas, Nevada
VEDAs POV

The next day my head starts pounding most likely from the hangover, I did party quite hard yesterday and got a fair amount of alcohol in my system.

"Fuck" I mutter under my breath as I stretch in my position, which was weirdly just sitting up on a chair, my eyes were still closed and my hand on my forehead.

"You looked pained, what happened?" Someone asks from beside me I slowly open my eyes they were blurry at first but everything finally went into focus.

"Veda?" Josh repeats. Pained? I didn't look- SHIT JOSH?! "Josh?" I ask worriedly as I panicked "yea that's my name, your best friend, you know" Josh laughs "did you forget about us?" Anna jokes along.

"No, no, no this is impossible. What's the last thing that happened- I mean what happened just now?" I start breathing heavily as I feel my heart clench in worry and sadness.

"What are you talking about why-" Anna starts as a confused look overtakes her face "JUST ANSWER ME!" I snap, Anna looks teriffied and I immediately apologize for snapping "just- what was the last thing that happened right now?" I ask.

"We went in here, you put some quarters in, and we took photos" Josh explains raising a brow "I didn't... Disappear?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"No.. Veda what's going on?" Anna asks, I don't answer and instead exit the booth going out of the bar and unto the alley way.

I start breathing heavily collecting my thoughts, at least I didn't disappear. It seems like I just disappeared for a second in 2022 but in reality I had been time travelling.

I come to a halt from pacing back and forth once someone enters the alley way as well, he looked familiar.

"Veda?" The guy asks "w- how do you- what" I back away raising a brow "chase, remember?" He offers a hand for me to shake "the one in the ATM machine" he explained.

"You're in the wrong timeline, of course it won't work." a deep-ish voice says from behind me, I don't recognize the voice nor is it familiar so I become incredibly confused and scared of what would happen, questions starting to form in my brain at a hundred miles per hour.

Now I had remembered. They had confused and scared the shit out of me "yea- yea I remember but you haven't aged a day? I-"

"Me and my brother, chance, study time travel, now that you've time travelled I'll answer your questions, I'm sure you have some right?" He lean on the wall across me.

"Yea... Uhm well does- does nick still remember me?" I ask curiously "'course he does, he misses you, he started drinking heavily when you left, I explained to him the whole situation told him not to tell anyone seems like he's followed that promise thankfully" chase explained.

Shit, I felt horrible, I should've at least explained, but I left him there hanging. "Does he have a wife?" I choke out, my tears were watery "what- are you planning to date the guy again? You do realize hes like 40 now right" chase chuckled, making me glare at him.

"I don't know, I don't stalk him" he rolls his eyes "you could always check Google, remember" chase shrugged "right, Google.." I grab my purse and rummage through it, thankfully my phone was there and in tact.

"I'll just check later" I shook my head "could I go back?" I questioned carefully, chase gives a look as if processing the question "well, no you can't, but its possible to still meet nick, especially since I've explained everything to him, he wouldn't mind a visit" chase gives a slight smile.

"This was all meant to happen, that's why I was allowed to tell nick. Otherwise if this was an accident, I wouldn't be able to tell nick and would have to try and erase everything from his memory" chase furthermore explained.