V

Soul

Soul

"Can Korea come over later?" Spirit asks, peaking her head in my room.

"Nah ion like her and she'on like me." I pause Stranger Things.

"Okay but like you my best friend and she my half bitch, y'all gotta be cordial for me." She frowns.

"Fuck is a half bitch?" I sit up.

"Half of the time she my bitch and half of the time she ain't, it's not rocket science." She looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Whatever the fuck she is ion want her here." I say simply.

"She like the love of my life dawg." She smiles, looking off to the side.

"So was Viviane, and Pauletta, and Rubi. And Journey ugly ass ion even know where you found that hoe but I'm glad you returned her." I go down the list.

"Nigga don't even mention them bitches, they dead to me." She smacks her teeth.

"They dead in general." I say making us bust out in laughter.

"Soul, you just jealous. I'll lend you one of my bitches if you can't find nun." She offers.

"Ion want nun that touched you." I jerk my head back.

"Oh but you-"

"We don't speak of that." I cut her off.

"I'll tell her to bring a friend."

"No."

"This don't make no sense, I pay rent." She scoffs.

"No, no you don't." I shake my head.

"We share finances so whatchu mean?" She asks confused.

"You can't even remember to pay yo credit cards on time. I pay everything."

I remember the time I left her in charge of our light bill because she wanted to practice being responsible, she had us sitting in the dark looking stupid.

"Okay but we share our money soooo?" She shrugs.

"I'm just saying we'd be homeless if you was in charge of paying our rent."

"Whatever, just come on." She walks off.

"Where we going?" I hop up and follow her.

"To get a job."

"A job? Like killing and robbing people ain't a job." I mug her.

"A normal job. I want to see what working is like, we've never done it before." She sighs.

"Why you always curious n tryna do weird shit?" I close the door after us.

"Getting a job isn't weird. I wanna be more normal."