XXIX

Soul

Soul

I start waking up tryna see why I can't breathe.

What the fuck?

I open my eyes and it's dark but I still feel pressure on my throat. I reach and grab the soft small hands squeezing the life out of my body.

I blink a couple times and try to sit up but there's something heavy on my chest, pinning me down.

My eyes start adjusting to the darkness and I finally make sense of the sight before me. Spirit crazy ass crying hysterically while tryna fucking kill me.

She pregnant so ion know how I'ma get her off me without killing her or the baby. She got the grip of a fucking gorilla.

"Spirit." I mumble, pulling her hands.

"Why won't you just die already?" She groans frustratedly.

I flip us over and slowly pry her hands off as she scratches my neck up.

"It's too fuckin early for this shit " I get off of her and get off the bed.

I turn the light on and she's licking the blood and skin she scraped off of my neck from underneath her nails like a damn cannibal.

I shake my head and go to the bathroom. My neck looks like I got mauled by a bear. This shit hurt. I'ma stab the fuck outta her after she spit my baby out.

"You okay baby!?" She asks.

I ignore her and rinse my neck off with warm water for a few minutes. I dry it off and it's still bleeding.

I wash my face and brush my teeth. I leave the bathroom to get my clothes and stuff to get in the shower.

"Why you getting ready? It's like 2am, lay back down." Spirit rubs her belly in a circular motion as she watches me get my clothes ready.

I stop and stare at her until she feels obligated to respond.

"The baby told me to." She sighs.

"The baby talking to you now?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes." She shrugs.

"When'd the baby start talking to you Spirit?" I sigh, crossing my arms.

"Tonight. I woke up feeling hurt and angry and depressed. It was an overbearing feeling and I looked at you sleeping next to me and then she kicked. And next thing I know, I was trying to kill you in your sleep." She explains, smiling at her stomach.

"Why was you crying tho?" I ask.

"Because you're not in love with me anymore which made me sad. And I was also crying because it pained me to hurt you but it was a calling from my daughter so I knew I had to go through with it." She shrugs.

"Sprit I still love you the fuck?" I scrunch my face up.

"Yea well it didn't feel like it at the time." She says.