IX

Soul

Soul

"Watch her head." I tell Spirit.

"Shut up I've got this." She ignores me, situating Melissa in the trunk.

"Okay try it now." She pants, out of breath.

I try it again. With a lil force the trunk closes all the way.

"Whew."

"Girl what the fuck is you whewing for? You ain't do shit but fix her body after I kidnapped her and I got her in the trunk." I complain, getting back in the car.

"I know but it exhausted me watching you do allat." She plops down in the passenger's seat.

"I should make you sit in the back." I say under my breath.

"Material gworllll!" She yells, admiring Melissa's Chanel purse.

"Please stop foe my ear drums bust." I drive out of Melissa's driveway.

She was gonna fire us for tardiness so we gone kill her before she get the chance to.

"And EYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE will ah ALW-" She sings directly in my ear.

I pop her in the lip and she shuts up. She feels it for blood but nun comes up.

"WILL AHLUWAYYYYS-"

"Shut the hell up!" I slam on the breaks and her head smacks against the dashboard.

She makes sum ugly squeal scream thing that makes me cover my ears.

"Stop doing that." She says tearfully.

"I can't stand yo voice." I start back driving.

"Well I'm sorry I'm not Beyonce?" She cries.

"And eyeeeeeah will uh alwayssss loveeee youuuuuuuuu." She whispers to herself sadly while looking out the window.

"Spirit." I say which she ignores.

"Spirit." I repeat a little louder.

"Spirit!"

"What?" She snaps her head at me.

"You mad?" I look at her.

"No." She wipes up her tears and looks back out the window.

"You want sumn to eat?" I ask.

"No." She lies.

I swerve into a KFC plaza and pull into the drive-thru.

"Hello." The speaker says.

"Uh can I get a family meal, you know that big meal with the mashed potatoes and shit?" I ask.

"Yes the 24 piece? That'll be 36.11. We'll have your order at the window."

"Wait a minute what 24 piece? Why is it $40?" I scrunch my face up reading the screen.