XXI

Kemona

Kemona

"Spirit where have you been!? I've been locked up in this damn room all last night and this morning? I'm sick as a fucking dog and- why are you on crutches?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I went out last night to drive and get you sum peppermint tea from the store to help with your nausea and when I got out at the parking, I saw a teenage girl being abused by her boyfriend so I stopped and said something to the dude. We got to scuffling and he shot me in the leg." She explains making me feel bad.

"Oh my God-" I put my hand over my mouth.

"Yea I've been at the hospital, Soul ran to get you and take you to the hospital to see me but he saw you peacefully asleep so he couldn't bring himself to wake you." She continues.

"God he's a sweetheart, I'm so sorry honey, I started accusing you of stuff and spinning this narrative in my head. I should've been concerned and worried for you, I'm so selfish." I shake my head.

"You are." She frowns, nodding.

"But I still love you okay? We can work on this together." She sits on the bed and grabs my hand.

"Thank you, I love you more." I nod.

"Now I gotcha an anti-nausea band." She takes her purse off of one of the crutches.

"Aw thank youuu, this shit really hitting me hard." I take the package gratefully.

"And sum prenatals." She sits the bottle on my dresser.

"Okay. Can I go visit my momma today?" I ask.

"Yea, it ain't like we keeping you hostage." She laughs.

"Okay."

"But I'ma come with you just to make sure you good. Remember the story?" She asks.

"Yes, I decided to be a surrogate for a nice rich white couple." I nod.

"Good girlll." She smiles making my coochie sweat a lil.

"Uhh so my friends prolly getting suspicious." I scratch my head.

"I told em we moved in together and I scheduled us to go out with them Saturday night." She responds.

"Wow you got everything worked out huh?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Yup. Yo first appointment is on the third." She gets back up.

"Wait where are you going?" I ask getting anxious about her leaving.

"Uhm I was gone eat assum while you get ready. I'm leaving the door open for you." She opens the door.

"You need to stop leaving me alone for long periods of time. My body's going through allis adjusting to yo baby and I wish you could give me more emotional support." I vent.