XXVI

Spirit2 Months Later

Spirit
2 Months Later

"You guys were anesthesiologists for 7 years? That's impressive, you guys don't even look that old." The lady interviewing us raises her eyebrows looking over our resumes.

"Good genes I guess. Everybody on our dad's side looks younger too." I smile.

"That's truly a blessing." She chuckles.

"You're awfully quiet." She looks at Soul weird.

He stares back silently then looks at me then looks back at her, staring again.

"It's been hard for us today, this is the day our dad passed away." I sigh, massaging Soul's shoulder.

"Oh really? I'm so sorry." She frowns.

"Yeaa, today marks 2 years. We're not used to living without him." I sniffle.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry, this is awful timing for you guys." She shakes her head sympathetically.

"It is, but we need the money. Our office got shut down and it's been hard finding another job with a good salary and benefits you know, so we've come to you. Anything will help us deal with the immense debt our father left us." I sigh.

"He left you guys a debt? Aw now that's terrible."

"Papa had a gambling addiction." I nod.

"Gosh well, I really like you guys... I'm gonna talk to my boss, I think you guys are a perfect fit." She says.

"Aww, thank you Grejanora." I stand up.

"Of course dear." She hugs me.

I made Soul agree to work at this bar with me. Fast food wasn't it, so we'll see what this is like.

"Hopefully we'll be reaching out to you very soon to get things set up." She lets me go.

"Alright Nora, I'll see you honey." I smile and she laughs.

"Don't say shit til we exit this building." I mumble to Soul, dropping my smile after I turn around.

"I wasn't." He nudges me.

"Ont fucking touch me." I smack my teeth.

"Why her teeth so fucked up?" He asks as soon as we walk out.

"I don't know." I laugh.

Whole time that lady was talking I was looking in her mouth. She got like an extra row of teeth on the bottom and the ones on the top are curved back.