X

Spirit

Spirit

"You coming wimme to my brother's party tonight?" Korea asks laying on top of me.

I'm on maternity leave with Soul. I told them we were having a baby together despite us being cousins. I needed to get us both a few weeks off. So right now I'm giving birth to my "cousin's" baby.

"Ion like being in crowded places." I sigh.

Unless it's to kill somebody in which case it gives me an alibi.

"I know but do it for me, I don't wanna go alone." She starts kissing on my neck.

"Fine when we going?" I ask.

"11, I'll pick you up."

"I gotta get up and pee." I pat her thigh.

She gets off of me and I go to her bathroom. I piss and wash my hands as a familiar number pops up. I dry my hand on my pants and answer.

"Hello?" The dude from Walmart with that AP says.

I turn the water back on and sit on the toilet so she can't hear.

"Hey what's up?" I say softly.

"Nun I was just thinking bout you and you ain't call me yet so I said I'd call first."

"Oh I forgot." I say lowly.

"Why we whispering?" He whispers.

"Because I'm watching my niece and she sleeping." I lie.

"Oh okay well I'm just tryna figure when I could see you." He asks the question I hate answering.

"Well I gotta check in with my boss and see if she need me so I'll call you tomorrow and let you know what she say. My niece having a nightmare, I gotta go okay?" I hang up.

I put the toilet lid back up, turn the water off and get back in bed.

"Who was you talking to?" She asks while watching something on her phone.

"Soul. He want Checkers when I go home." I peck her cheek.

"You sure he don't like you?" She turns her phone off and faces me.

"I'm the last person he'd fuck with." I laugh.

"Sometimes niggas like you on the low and wait for an opportunity to strike." She shrugs.

"Soul different, he look for opportunities to avoid me. Besides we just friends."

That kiss from time to time, and do weird shit together

"If you say so." She rolls her eyes.

"You always jealous." I wave her off.

I stand up and put my jewelry back on as she stares at me.