XVII

Soul

Soul

"Y'all house is so nice." Jalissa admires the interior with her friends.

"I thought it was only bringing one friend." I whisper to Spirit.

"Well she brought 2, oh well." She shrugs.

"We can't have people knowing where we live."

"I know but if they become a threat, we'll just kill em." She says under her breath and I nod.

"Um so this Isabelle but we just call her Belle. And Kemona, we call her Mona." Jalissa introduces her two friends.

Spirit gives me a look after looking at Kemona. I just shake my head as she licks her lips and looks away.

"Nice to meet y'all." She smiles, staring at Kemona.

"Same." Isabelle and Kemona smile at her.

Jalissa glances at me then looks away.

"So was it hard to get here?" Spirit asks, sitting down.

"Um yea kinda, y'all kinda... hidden in plain sight almost. If that makes any sense, I live in this area and I've never been on this street before, I thought it was a dead end." Jalissa says.

"Yea we like being secluded." Spirit mumbles.

"Wait so are y'all really quiting? I like working with y'all." The girl frowns.

"Yea it's just not for us you know?" She shrugs.

"It ain't foe me either shiiid but I need it so..."

"I work at the neighborhood Walmart. Chile I be letting people steal anything. I don't even raise an eyebrow when I see an 80 inch TV getting scanned as a clearance box of cupcakes. They gone fire my ass one day." Isabelle laughs.

"I usually go to Fry's but since you said that I'ma start going to Walmart. I mean it's easier to steal there anyways." Spirit nods condescendingly.

"No it really is tho cuz I can't even walk in any of the Fry's in town anymore. I stole about $400 dollars worth of shit from them over the years but they caught me a lot so I had to switch to Walmart." Kemona rolls her eyes.

"Oh you a booster?" She asks.

"Yea." The girl nods.

"Oh lemme getcho number, I need a booster." She says pulling out her phone.

She smooth ngl, got the bitch number in less than 10 minutes.

"So were you guys born here or moved here?" Jalissa asks me while they exchange numbers.

"Moved." I answer.

"I figured, I was born here so I can tell." She laughs.

"How long y'all been here?" She asks.