XXVII

Soul

Soul

"Yessss I can't hold anything down." Spirit sits on the couch rubbing her belly, talking on the phone.

I'ma kill her friend, she taking up too much of my time with my wife. It's not that she can't have friends, I'll allow that, it's just that she can't spend time with them.

Something about her spending time with other people just doesn't sit right with my spirit.

"Ion knowww. I want a girl I thinkkk but shit I wouldn't mind having a son either you know? I never really thought about having kids until recently." She drags, smiling.

I crawl on the floor behind the couch and stand up behind her. I could kill her right now if I wanted to.

I poke the back of her neck and she screams jumping up.

"Spirit." I frown.

"Holdon a second, girl I-I see a spider." She removes the phone from her ear, mutes, and looks at me.

"The fuck is wrong witchu!?" She pulls her knife out.

"Why you acting like you finna stab me. I just needed to tell you sum." I hold my hands up.

"What is it?" She sighs.

"Fuck is you sighing fa?" I mug her.

"Sorry. Whatchu need luh daddy?" She chuckles, putting the knife back in her pants.

"Our appointment's scheduled on the 20th of this month." I tell her.

"Okayy." She nods.

"When you gone be off the phone?" I ask.

"Ion know, why?" She lays back down and puts a pillow between her legs.

That pillow should be me

"Nothing." I mumble walking back to my room.

" I mumble walking back to my room

Spirit

"My baby daddy's ugly ass lil cousin put me on to alladat. It's a lil CBD sto in the back of that smoke shop by where Dominos is." Tracie, one of my new friends says.