~ Chapter 3 ~

(Rose POV)

"So you finally got a friend?" Alex asked me.

"Yup, and a hot one at that. Nah seriously, wait until you see her."

"She sounds fun from what I heard. And she likes art?" Grace asked, doing her best to sound enthusiastic.

"Yes, she likes drawing things. Anyways, do you guys have any new students?"

"Nope, they all went into the A. Except for Emily apparently." Maggie said. "But did you guys know we can finally use our phones now? It's so fun!"

"Wait what??? Really?!?" Alex said stunned.

"Yeah dipshit, it was literally one of the first things they said." I told him annoyed.

"You know I don't pay attention in class. Anyways, when is your so-called friend coming? Or is she made up?"

"Nope, she's real and made of flesh and blood." I said as I spotted Emily in the middle of the cafeteria. I waved her towards our table, and she came and sat down.

"Hi." she said.

We all said hey, and after a short time we were into a full conversation.

"Guys, we still need to eat! My mum will kill me if I don't eat up my lunch." I said.

"You can eat if you want, but I'm talking." Maggie said.

"Fine." I stuck my tongue out at her and opened my lunchbox.

Emily looked over my shoulder. "Carrots, peach, tomato & cucumber salad, ham sandwiches and digestives? Is she forcing you to eat all that?"

I laughed.

"No, Rose is just super healthy. Like extremely healthy. She barely ever eats sweets and when she does her teeth still stay white." Maggie said.

"Shut up orphan." I said giving Maggie my middle finger.

"Too far mate." Grace said.

"At least I don't have three annoying siblings!" Maggie yelled back.

"Sorry, sorry." I said.

"It's fine, I'm just sayin, your siblings are so annoying!" Maggie grinned.

"Soo, should we add Em to our group?" Grace asked.

"Sure, why not. Gimme your number pretty girl!" I said turning to Emily.

She just smiled and we swapped our phones.

I made my contact name Rose🌸.

"That's not a rose dipshit." Maggie said, looking over my shoulder.

"Fine I'll change it you annoying fuck."

Rose🥀

"That's sad!" Emily said.

"Fine, if you like it more like this!"

Rosey Baby❤️‍🔥🌹

Emily just laughed and handed me my phone.

Em🧸🎨 was added to the chat

Alex🕳👩‍🦯
Hey girl welcome to my crib

Maggie👹👹
Stop quoting Quackity

Em🧸🎨
Lol does he always do that

Rosey Baby❤️‍🔥🌹
Nah only when he's in loooove

Alex🕳👩‍🦯
Shut the fuck up or I'm blackmailing you

Rosey Baby❤️‍🔥🌹
Try me bitch

Gracee💋💋
This is entertaining

I put my phone away. "Guys I need to be eating. Why don't you get your food."

Alex, Grace and Emily went to buy their food, leaving me with Maggie.

"Sorry about earlier-" "Forget about it. I want the tea now. Are you in love with Em?"

I put a piece of peach in my mouth and chewed slowly. "No pressure. But I want an answer when you're done chewing." she said.

I chewed even slower.

"Okay you can eat normally. I already have the answer." She said after a while.

After I had just finished my salad, Emily appeared again. "We're back! The food here looks so good!"

I glanced at her food while eating a sandwich. She had bought chocolate milk, a hamburger and a donut to finish off.

We all ate in silence, except for Maggie, who was instead giving me funny looks every time Em and I interacted in any way possible.

"So Em, what's your sexuality?" Maggie asked after a while.

I could have killed her right there.

"I'm not quite sure, I mean, I've never really had a proper relationship, but I guess pan? I'm really not sure though."

"So if a girl would come to you and confess her love, you would consider a relationship?"

I was pretty sure I went red. Idk. I can never really tell.

"Depends on how long I've known her, if I like her and so on. But in general I wouldn't have a problem being in a relationship with a girl I guess."

I think Maggie was about to say more, but Grace stopped her. "Cool! So you're pan, Alex and I are straight, Maggie is asexual- right?" Maggie nodded. "Okay, and Rose is lesbian."

"Well I'm not entirely sure. I mean last time I was with a girl it was pretty chaotic." I tried to save the situation.

"That's fine, I'm not quite sure either." Emily said, ripping a piece off her donut and placing it in front of me.

I pushed it back, but she put her hand over mine and pushed it back to my place.

"Have it. I'm not accepting it back." she said. I looked over at Maggie. Her face was calm but I could tell she was going crazy inside.

Emily slowly pulled her hand back and I shyly took the piece of donut and ate it.

At that moment I knew this school year would be very different to any school year I'd ever had before.

—[•~]—