Extra chapter: Return

I got off the train.

Rehab had been a long and emotional journey, but I was finally ready to go back to my everyday life.

I didn't care whether Lucy and my dad were a couple any more.

I didn't care about drugs (as much). At least I was trying to be clean, and that first step would hopefully be the right one.

I thought about the people I had lost every day, but I knew that I couldn't change what had happened. All I could do was think of them every day and pray they were in a safe and happy place now.

My return had not been scheduled, so I wasn't expecting anything.

However, when I walked out of the train station, a small group of people were waiting for me.

Rose and Emily were standing next to each other, smiling at me.

Grace was alone, but happy.

I couldn't see Alex, so I assumed he was catching up with his mother.

My father and Rose's mother were smiling at me.

"Mags." My father finally spoke.

"You stood through the times very well, and I'm so happy to have you back and by my side once again. I'm sorry for everything I did. I hope you can forgive me."

I shook my head.

"We all made mistakes, dad. You don't have to apologise."

He walked towards me, and we embraced each other.

For a short moment, everything was quiet.

Then we parted and I walked off.

"Come on, I want to see the gays Emily told me about."

Emily laughed. "I think they'd hate me if I'd crash their house with my queers."

"Are you kidding? They loved saving me, so they'd love having us. Come on, let's go!" Rose said.

After every low in your life, there will come a high. Life is a big rollercoaster, it will never just be low, and never just high.

-[•~]-

•THE END~