~ Chapter 10 ~

(Rose POV)

I woke up to Emily's elbow brushing my neck.

When I moved, she looked guilty. "Sorry. I didn't wanna wake you up. I just woke up and I'm scared to go down, so I was waiting for you."

I smiled tiredly. "You don't have to be scared of my mother. She's really nice, even if she can be scary sometimes."

I looked at the clock. 9:52 a.m.

"Come on, let's go then." I said and rolled off my bed.

"Rose!" she yelled as I hit the floor. She ran towards me, and when I saw her shocked face I started laughing.

"Your face!" I said and rolled around on the floor with laughter.

"Don't worry, I do this to everyone that stays the night. You're not the first one to get scared."

I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards my door.

—[•~]—

Max was already sitting downstairs. "Rose! The kittens look so cool!" he yelled.

My mum looked confused. "Kittens? Rose, what did you do?"

I turned around and grimaced. "Oh yeah, sorry mother dearest, I forgot to tell you. Max found a pregnant cat and we let her stay and give birth."

"Yeah, I found her, but Rose let her stay here and called a vet here, rather than bringing her to a doctor."

My mother sighed. "It's fine guys. Just bring them in."

Max and I went and carried the box in.

There was a cat lying in the box with five little kittens around her.

"Oh my days! They are so cute!" my mother half-yelled. "We're keeping them. What vet did you call?"

"Mine." Maggie said. She was standing on the stairs.

My mother smiled. "Mags! How is Walter doing?"

"Doing just fine. His vet is very nice, so I called her. Oh and by the way, I told my dad he could come here for breakfast at 10, is that fine?"

"Absolutely fine, dear. I like your dad. Always tries to see the positive side of things."

Emily looked quite lost where she was standing. My mother seemed to notice that, so she walked towards Emily, took her shoulders and guided her to the table.

"You can sit here, dear. Rose wanted to do pancakes, so I'm gonna sit next to you." she said and sat down next to Em.

"Are your parents gonna come?" Emily shrugged. "I could call them to ask..." she offered as she pulled out her phone.

I just smiled and cracked some eggs for the dough. It was nice that Em and my mum got along.

While I was making the dough I noticed Em was seeming nervous and scared. But why? She had permission to stay the night...

...or didn't she?

"I'm sorry, I said it- Ms. D, could you just talk to my parents please?" she asked quietly.

My mother took the phone and walked off. I could still hear her talking though.

"Yes, she's been safe all night. That's right, no drugs, no alcohol. Trust me, I'd have noticed. Yes, I checked all of their rooms. No, no one lost their virginity. Yes, you can come and collect her. Do you have the address? It's..."

"So you stayed the night even though you weren't supposed to?" I asked Emily.

She just nodded, feeling embarrassed.