Justice League Shenanigans

*** A year ago ***

The new guy, Captain Marvel looked at the Justice League with wide eyed wonder.

"Holy Moley! Mister Batman! Mister Flash! Miss Wonder Woman! Mister Green Lantern!" The powerfully built man clad in red looked completely starstruck.

His brilliant blue eyes grew even wider as they led him along the floor to ceiling glass panels to the conference room. At one point, the man stopped walking, spread his large hands on the panels, staring with huge childlike eyes at the stars.

"C'mon Bill, they're waiting," Superman clapped the Captains shoulder and led him to the room, to the seat beside Superman that had his emblem on it.

"For me?" He shot Superman an incredulous look.

"Yes. You are a full member of the Justice League. I'll show you the rest of the Watchtower and your room later," grinned the Man of Steel.

"I have a room here?" Captain Marvel beamed, his innocent joy bubbling through.

"Yes, Bill," said Superman as he took his seat.

--------

The Justice League had unanimously voted Captain Marvel in to join their ranks based on Superman's glowing recommendation, and Fawcett's impressive record since the big guy in red showed up.

They could certainly use another power house like him.

"Even Bats is going bonkers trying to figure Cap out," laughed Oliver Queen.

Hal and Barry made it their business to find out what Captain Marvel really was before Batman could. It would be fun to beat the World's Greatest Detective at his own game.

"That's so obvious. He's a Caucasian 6 foot 4 man with black hair and blue eyes who lives in Fawcett," Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Who can fly? Who can match Superman's strength and Flash's speed?" Pondered Hal.

"Okay, just some guy with powers. Hey most of you guys have some power or other," replied Ollie as he walked off.

"He's probably Kryptonian like Superman. Come on man, Superman was the one who nominated Captain Marvel to join the League," said Flash.
"He acts as if Cap is his brother."

"Where do we keep this?"

Captain Marvel walked up to them tossing a glowing green rock in his hand, playing with it like a ball.

"We've got to keep it away from Supes, but we'd need it in case of a Phantom Zone breakout. Anyone got a lead box?"

"Isn't that Kryptonite?" Flash's jaw fell open.

"Scratch that. Not Kryptonian. But I still think he is an alien," Hal concluded.

-------

"Want a beer? The finest," Hal handed a can to Captain Marvel in the Watchtower cafeteria.

"No thanks. Don't like that stuff," Cap made a face. Then he took a big slurp of chocolate milkshake.

"Needs more chocolate," he said, pouring half a bottle of chocolate syrup into his milk shake. Then he proceeded to scoop a large helping of chocolate ice cream and crushed some oreos onto his shake.

"Are you martian?" Hal blurted out.

"What?" Cap's eyebrows shot up.

"J'onn goes crazy when he runs out of Oreos. Do martians have sweet tooth?" Hal prodded on.