Dinah Diana. Black Canary & Wonder Woman

Why does the phone always ring when you're in the shower?

Diana was done anyway.

Wrapping herself in a large, thick, fluffy towel, she stepped out of the bathroom to answer her mobile.

"Hi Dinah. What's up?" Diana set her phone on speaker mode while she towel dried her hair.

"Thought we'd better check on you. The mind link and League  communicators went down," Dinah replied. Ollie's muffled voice was in the background.

Since the theft of Batman's contingency plans, Wonder Woman and Black Canary were to check on each other regularly. This was in case either gets abducted.

"I'm fine," grinned Diana. "I hear Ollie has your back." Another muffled yelp confirmed that.

"Okay. Call us if anything crops up," Dinah hung up.

She slipped into her gown. She had five minutes to get ready for her date with Steve Trevor. This was one of the rare occasions that both of them had a few hours free at the same time.

The doorbell sounded.

He was early.

"Angel," he beamed at her as she opened the door. He hid a bouquet of long stemmed red roses behind his back.

"Steve!" It's been too long.

He handed her the roses and wrapped his arm around her waist.

She felt a sharp pain as a blade pierced her skin. The room spun.

Steve's features melted away as he morphed into... Clayface.

"Poison. Made just for you. It won't kill you.

It will only make you...useful."

She blacked out.

-------

"Pretty Bird?"

"Hmmm?" Dinah smiled lazily.

"Duck!" Oliver Queen leaped, pushing her off her seat, covering her body with his own as a bullet hit the wall behind her.

"You're not bullet proof either," she snarled as a dozen ninjas in black dropped from the ceiling, landing soundlessly on the ground.

Oliver mouthed something but no sound came out. In fact the room was eerily silent. She faced the assailants and let out her Canary cry. 

Nothing.

She wasn't helpless. Neither was Ollie even without his bow.

Twelve ninjas to the two of them?
That was just so unfair. There's not enough bad guys for Black Canary alone to get a good work out.

Jumping high, Canary did a split, kicking two assailants in their faces, knocking them out. She might have broken a nose, or two.

"Save some for me,"  mouthed Green Arrow as he landed a good right hook on his opponent who collapsed in a heap.

She swung around and elbowed another opponent in the stomach, finishing him off with a head bump. "Nope," she mouthed.

Well, he didn't want to spoil her fun so he got his bow, took a seat and watched the show.

He noticed one of them was pressing a button on a device he was holding. Was that the silencer?

To find out, he fired an arrow, shattering it.

The sweet sound of Black Canary breaking the jaw of one opponent.

The satisfying slam her foot coming down hard on another's ribs.

The thuds and crashes of his lover in action were sweet to his ears.

"You could use your Canary cry," stated Oliver.

"Too late," she smirked as she punched out the twelfth ninja.

Grinning in victory, the lovers embraced in a passionate victory kiss.

Dinah went limp.

"No!"
Ollie pulled a dart out of her neck.

His eyes searched the room.

Something moved in the shadows.

He laid Dinah gently in the sofa. As he turned to find her attacker, he felt a sting on his neck, blacking out instantly.