The Truth Is Out

Billy Batson sat on the floor outside the Watchtower's conference room, hugging his legs for comfort.

This was it. He had planned to tell the Justice League when he turned eighteen, but his ultimate lightning strike was the only way they could stop Darkseid. It also changes him back to his real sixteen year old body.

For six years, he pretended to be an adult. How would they take it?

How would they react knowing they let a ten year old into the Justice League?

Would they kick him out?

"Are you ok?" Courtney plopped herself beside him. Their hands interlocking instinctively.

"Yes. No. Not really.." he replied, the butterflies in his stomach protesting.

"Being part of the League was my dream come true. I was only ten when they asked me to join them."

"You're not ten any more," she beamed, her cute braces peeking at him.

"I guess not," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"You've proven yourself many times over." She pressed her forehead against his, affectionately.

Her warmth chased the jitters away.

"And you've got me." She pecked his cheek playfully. "And the JSA," she grinned.

-------

The core members of the Justice League were in the conference room, discussing what to do now that they know the truth about Captain Marvel.

"We've been taking orders from a kid?" Piped Hal.

"He said he's sixteen. He's been a member for," Barry counted fingers on both hands. "Six years. Which means.. we let a ten year old into the League?"
Barry shook his head, chuckling. "No one knew about it?"

"He's good. The Wisdom of Solomon won the war," replied Martian Manhunter.

"Actually, the Captain's a floppy eared pink bunny disguised as a human child." Green Arrow's face was dead serious.

"I'd say he's Superman's pet bunny. I saw him change, then continue fighting off the forces of Apokolips as a little pink bunny. Those are definitely Cap's moves," Kyle stated.

"I thought we established he's a seven thousand year old albino lion," frowned Wonder Woman.
"It's one thing for a lion to fight alongside us on the battlefield, but a cute little  rabbit?"

"What's wrong with us rabbits?" Protested a pink floppy eared rabbit wearing dark glasses and a red and black outfit.

"Plas, you know what I mean. A flying albino lion is a powerful ally on the battlefield. A tiny little pink bunny has no place in the battles we fight," Wonder Woman retorted.

"Excuse me lady, I saw that little bunny smash Steppenwolf's indestructible axe into tiny shards with his little paw," replied Green Arrow.

Superman rubbed his face with his hand. "When was that?"

"Just before Darkseid appeared. You two fought together. He watched your back," Kyle replied.

"Look, Captain Marvel has an adult body and an adult brain on the field," stated Superman.

"That doesn't change the fact that he is a cute little bunny in real life," replied Diana.

"I'm sorry, did I miss anything?"

Aquaman was completely confused having been in Atlantis throughout the battle with Apokolips. 

"I thought Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman figured out that Cap's an ancient flying albino lion."