Trouble in the WatchTower

Barry was totally screwed. He was late for an urgent League meeting. Blame it on the Rouges. Yeah, that's a plan.

"Flash A05" announced the mechanical voice as he materialized in the Watchtower's primary meeting room.

"You're late."  Spooky shot him the look that freezes blood. Didn't matter what Captain Marvel said. Batman had to be 100% vampire. Or vampire bat... Or bat vampire. Whatever...

"Sorry. Rogues fault," he mumbled.

"Meeting is in session," growled Batman. "Any updates?"

"A group of trainers and students were kidnapped during a sparring session at JSA Brownstone. They were imprisoned in a box made entirely of Adamantium," Captain Marvel began.

"How did that happen?" Diana's perfectly shaped eyebrow shot up.

"They were gassed. Ma Hunkel was supposed to referee the session. Black Canary found her bound and gagged in her quarters after the group escaped," explained The Captain.
"JJ's Thunderbolt was stolen."

"Wait one second," Ollie piped up. "You're saying the culprits now have a sixth dimension wish granting genie that can basically do anything?"

"Yep." Marvel grimaced.

"We're so screwed..." muttered Ollie.

"Call in the mouse detectives. We need everyone on this," Batman ordered Captain Marvel.

"Sorry. No can do. Joey and Sylvia are busy with Mo Za Re La these few months," Captain Marvel returned Batman's glare with one of his own.

"Hmmmph. Oracle, teleport the mouse detectives here immediately," Batman brushed Marvel off.

"Alfred, send up a crate of the finest Mozzarella with mouse sized silverware now."

"But Batman," The Captain protested.

"Stand down Marvel," growled the Bat

"Ok," Marvel leaned back into his seat with too wide, too innocent eyes.

"Sylvia 205. Joey 206," announced the Zeta-tube.

Two mice, each carrying a baby mouse under each arm materialized in the meeting room.

"Who? What?" The little brown mouse looked confused.

The little white mouse, on the other hand, looked flustered. Its cheeks turned pink with outrage.  "I just gave birth to my mischief of pups. How dare you?" She glared at Captain Marvel, who pointed at Batman.

Turning to look at the Bat. She bared her teeth. "You again! We are not your slaves to summon on your every whim and fancy!"

"I have the finest Mozzarella you could ever want, waiting for you when we are done," Batman growled.

"Mo. Za. Re. La. Sic im!" She released her pups and pointed at Batman.

The four baby mice scrambled up the Bat and nibbled the exposed parts of his face.

"These are Mo, Za, Re and La. Our pups. I'm still nursing them," she glared at Batman with her paws on her hips.

"We resign from the Justice League," she spat the words out at Batman as she recalled her pups.

As Joey, Sylvia and their pups zeta-ed away, Batman looked around the room and growled,"Anything else?"

"Yesterday, at Palmer Technologies, I spotted a cleaner who looked exactly like one of the catering guys at the JLA JSA party," Ray frowned.

"His eyes glowed red while he was handling a gadget. I returned from the Microverse just in time to stop him. I got the gadget but he escaped," Ray held up a device the size of a pen cover for everyone to see. "Barry and I are still studying it."

"Barry?" Batman turned to the speedster.

"I..." Barry's nose tickled, "CHOOOOO!'
Snot covered Ray whose hand accidentally hit a button just as Darkseid's motherbox began to beep.

Thick gas was expelled in all directions from the gadget while a boom tube opened.

The room stood still for Flash, Superman and Captain Marvel as they ran/flew circles to create twisters that sucked away the gas and directed it out of the Watchtower.

When they were done, the motherbox and the device had vanished.

All eyes were on Ray Palmer.

"It was an accident!" He protested.

Batman's eyes narrowed.

Superman spoke up next. "Public distrust of the Superhero community is fueled by most news and media networks." Pausing, he looked around the room

"Only The Daily Planet and Whiz Network are defending us. The rest say we are a menace, as dangerous as nuclear warheads and should be regulated by the government," Superman pinched his nose.

"They are correct where heroes with superpowers are concerned. You, Marvel, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern are weapons of mass destruction. Any of you can potentially destroy the world many times over," Batman slammed his fists on the table.

"What are you saying? That we are menaces that need to be controlled by the government?" Superman stood up, clearly agitated.

"Is that why you have these?" Ollie tossed a stack of photos on the table for the team to examine.

Batman's Brother Eye surveillance system.

Boxes with each hero's emblem, each containing that hero's weakness, that can be used to take down the said hero.

Outraged, the members of the Justice League stormed out of the room.

At the back of the room, red eyes glowed. "The Master will be pleased," it whispered.

-------

"How do I know we can trust you?" Jakeem confronted Courtney.

"What do you mean?" Courtney tilted her head.

"Don't play innocent. You kicked me when I was trying to warn everyone about Ma Hunkel!" Jakeem replied.

"For the last time. We were sparring. You were supposed to duck." Courtney flung her hands in exasperation.

"How do I know you're really Courtney?" Jakeem glared at her, fist raised.

"Cool it," Jay walked up to the pair and gently but firmly separated them.

Jakeem pointed at his own eyes then at Courtney as he stormed out of the room.

Thunder roared. Lightning flashed outside the building.

Head down, shoulders slouched forward, Billy dragged his feet through the door.

"You ok?" Courtney held his shoulders, her light blue eyes gazing into his brilliant blues.

"Honestly? No," Billy's eyes watered. "The League. They're breaking up."

"What?" Courtney couldn't believe her ears.

"Tell me about it," she held his hand as he sat beside her.