The Marvel Family

"Mary Marvel? Your hero name?" Courtney looked like her eyes would pop. "Are you SERIOUS?!"

"Why not? Actually I just wanted to just go by "Mary," she pouted. "I added Marvel because Billy kept glaring at me."

Billy pinched his nose.

"Duh, what about secret identity?" Courtney pointed out.

"What? It's not anyone would recognize me in that getup. I look like some 6 foot plus Amazon." Mary made a face.

"You look like our mom with Wonder Woman's physique,"  Billy chortled. "Get used to it. The good thing is we don't need masks."

"Speak for yourself. I'm not running around in some flashy getup playing hero," Mary crossed her arms.

"Uh huh," Billy grinned. "It's a uniform by the way," he leaned forward with his hand on his cheek watching his sis rant.

"Anyway, secret identities are useless. C'mon Court, anyone who knows you can see who Stargirl is," Mary ranted on.

"Actually, she has a point," Billy smirked at Courtney, who punched his arm.

"Seriously, how do you two do it?
They shot at me!" Mary flung her arms.

"As long as you stay powered up, you're completely invulnerable," Billy grinned while rubbing his arm.

"That power is crazy. Now the park has a bunch of holes my shoe size," grumbled Mary.

"Time you learnt to walk like a lady," snorted her brother. "Seriously, even an elephant has more grace than you."

"The power is too much. So overwhelming. Scary," Mary continued.

"I'll train you. You can really make a difference in so many lives," Billy ruffled his twin's hair. "It's pretty cool once you get the hang of it," he grinned.

"What's up guys?" Freddy popped into the diner with two girls on each arm. These girls had just finished cheerleading practice and wanted to hang out with the Philadelphia Panthers star player.

"Oh, just chatting about Superhero stuff," Billy grinned.

"Did you guys see the news?
Seems there's a new superhero chick in town.

Internet's dubbed her The Stomper," Freddy showed them images of Mary Marvel creating holes on the stony grounds of the park with each step she took.

Mary buried her face in her hands.

"She's really hot!" Freddy gawked at the pic earning a sour look from each babe hanging off his arms.

"Billy, if you ever get a chance to interview her, introduce her to me will you?"

"Sure thing," Billy deadpanned. "Say, you joining us tomorrow for lunch?"

"Can't. I'm going fishing with grandpa," beamed Freddy. "Catch you all later!"

-------

"She bit!" Freddy exclaimed, excitedly reeling in his catch.

The sky was clear, air cool.
It was a great day for fishing.

Boom!

Something flew across the sky from over the horizon, landing in the water a few feet away.

It was a huge bald guy who looked like he had a very bad sunburn.

"Hold on sonny, we'll get you out," spritely old grandpa Freeman took off his jacket, grabbed one end of the rope and plunged in.