Batman Claims The Bat Son

"Who are you?" Diana demanded as her golden lasso of truth tightened around him.

He couldn't resist the impulse to blurt out everything. He tried to clench his jaws to stop himself from speaking but his lips and tongue had a mind of their own.

"Billy Batson," he replied.

"William Batson is my real name but I prefer Billy," he offered.

"Are you a Gremlin?"

"No."

"Are you related to Gremlins in anyway?"

"No."

"Are you an alien?"

"No."

"Diana, that is enough. Release him," came a familiar deep growl.

Dread pooled in Billy's stomach.
It's The Batman. The black hair blue eyed orphan collector.

"He's mine. The Bat's son. The new Robin who is here for training," continued Batman.

"Are you Batson?" Diana shot Billy a quizzical look.

"Yes."

"Are you a human child?" Diana peered at him curiously.

"Yes."

"My apologies.  I sincerely thought you were something else," Diana's expression softened.

Kneeling at Billy's eye level, smiling warmly, she released the tiny, very human boy.

-------

*** One year ago ***

Red solar rays lit up the training room.

Captain Marvel had been sitting cross legged, bathed in the red rays for the past hour. He was waiting for his trainer to arrive for his basic League combat training session.

Finally the door opened.

The Batman strode in, as intimidating as ever.

The fearless Captain swallowed air involuntarily as his opponent trained his infamous Bat Glare on him.

Jumping to his feet, Marvel grinned, "Mr Batman, sir!  I'm ready."

Wordlessly, the Bat motioned Marvel to come forward.

Marvel complied.

Suddenly, Batman grabbed Marvel's arm and grunted. His face clenched. All the muscles in his body seemed to be straining too. There, he froze for a solid minute.

"Erm, Mr Batman, sir, what is this supposed to be?"

"A basic throw," growled the Bat.

"Okay." Marvel stood there and waited for the throw demonstration.

Five minutes later, Batman let go of Marvel's arm. "Forget the throw. I want you to punch me with everything you've got."

"Mr Batman, sir, are you sure?" Marvel looked at his trainer incredulously.

"Yes. C'mon show me what you're made of," Batman dared him.

The Batman probably has superpowers. At least that's what Hal and Barry told him.

They concluded that Bats was bitten by a radioactive bat and got the proportionate strength of a bat. He might also be a vampire, Marvel shuddered.

Carefully using just enough force a human sized bat should be able to handle, he punched Batman's chin.

Hal and Barry were wrong. That punch slammed Batman against the ceiling.

No one saw Batman for the next month.