Love Conquers All

Captain Marvel returned from an off world mission with the Justice League. He had gone a long six months without Billy's sweet and sunny Court. His final task - To debrief the JSA on behalf of the Justice League.

Opening the door to the JSA conference room, his eyes landed on bubbly Stargirl.

Her smile, as sunny as ever was directed at Atom Smasher, her old crush who towered over her. They were deep in conversation.

"What's he doing here?" He growled.

Atom Smasher was supposed to be serving time for murder and acts of terror committed in Kahndaq with Black Adam.

"Easy big boy," Power girl rubbed his bicep. "Al's out early for good behavior," she winked.

Stargirl's eyes met his, lighting up momentary.

"Marvel," she mouthed.
Then she looked at Powergirl.

Her expression soured.

She turned away, smiling brightly at the giant carrot top that loomed over her. His stomach churned.

Swallowing his simmering rage, he schooled his expression and focused on his work.

For the next four hours, Captain Marvel explained to the JSA the invasion his Justice League team had barely managed to fend off. The strengths and weaknesses of the various alien races who were a portal away from taking over planet earth. The precautions Earth's defenders should take.

He tried to keep his mind focused on his task but his heart threw him off. His eyes kept straying towards Atom Smasher and Stargirl.

The giant stood so close to Stars they were practically touching. He was overly familiar with her and she seemed too comfortable with him.

It took every ounce of self control he had to stay professional. To not punch out the giant.

Jay glared at him.
It was a reminder that while teenaged Billy could be with Courtney, Captain Marvel looked twice Star's age and had to keep a distance to avoid scandal.

It wasn't fair. Al was actually twice Courtney's age and it was ok?

-------

Stargirl's heart leapt at the sight of Marvel.

Her sweet little Billy resided in that hunky Adonis facade.

After six long months, he was certainly a sight for sore eyes. She missed him dearly. He was her better half.

Her heart sank when buxomy Power Girl with her infamous boob window walked right up to him and rubbed his massive bicep.

Powergirl's behavior was totally inappropriate. That woman's twice his real age.

Most of the superhero community had no idea that Captain Marvel was really a kid like her.

Too many women in the League and JSA were enamoured by The Captain, with his chiselled dimpled face, brilliant blue eyes and impressive physique.

She'll play cool, chat with Al like it didn't matter.

-------

The meeting ended. As the heroes streamed out of the room, Jay Garrick, The Flash approached Marvel.

"We still need to debrief you on what's happened in the six months you were away," he said, nodding at Mister Terrific, Alan Scott, Doctor Mid-Nite and Wildcat who remained in the room with them.

Captain Marvel was JSA's "Superman". A lot was expected out of their heaviest hitter.

His vision and hearing were also extremely enhanced. Not to Superman's level but good enough to hear the whispers around him.

He'd heard enough to piece together the recent events in Brownstone.

After Billy had given up his room in Brownstone with the completion of Whiz network's series, the vacant room had been given to Albert Rothstein upon his return.

Since then, Al and Court had been pretty tight in his absence.

"Marvel? Is everything ok?" Jay's eyes were filled with concern.

"As Cap, I have a room here and another in the Watchtower. I'd like Billy to stay in my room here whenever he wants." Cap studied the expressions on JSA's leaders' faces.

"You do know you're putting your secret identity at risk," Mister Terrific pointed out.

"It doesn't matter. At seventeen, Billy isn't a helpless little child who is easily kidnapped," he rolled his eyes.

"With Wildcat's training and Justice League's intensive training, he can defend himself as well as any member of the Bat Family. Even without transforming," Marvel pointed out.

-------

Seventeen year old Courtney Whitmore sat on her favourite bench.

When she first joined JSA, she was a sunny little girl in Albert Rothstein's eyes. At seven feet six inches, everyone was little to him. She was his biggest fan girl.

Now she had grown into a beautiful young woman.

His re entry into the world after his prison stint was made easier by the little ray of sunshine beside him.

He volunteered to coach her school's football team having been their star player many years ago.

Now, JSA voted to accept him back into the team. Most were against giving the ex-convict a second chance but Stars stood by him.

She spoke up for him.
When the votes came in, half voted against him. He got in by the difference of just one vote.

"Thanks Court," the giant grinned down at her. "I owe you."

"Hey, you believed in me when I first joined JSA," Courtney smiled back. I'm just returning an old friend a favour."

"Is that all I am to you? Just an old friend?" Al gave her big puppy eyes.

Lightning flashed in the park just behind the bench.

Billy Batson walked out of the smoke and wrapped his arms around Courtney.
"Hey Court," he whispered into her ear.

She giggled delightedly.
"This is my boyfriend, Billy," she announced to Al.

"Billy, this is Al. He helped me settle in when I first joined JSA."

Billy put out his hand for a friendly shake.

Yes, he heard about her boyfriend, Whiz network's boy reporter Billy Batson, but he knew she liked him first, long before the boy showed up.

The lanky boy reporter was no competition. Courtney was going to be his.

Looking down at his rival, Al took Billy's hand and gave it a bone crushing squeeze.