Billy and Buddies vs Monster Society of Evil

Captain Marvel Junior's fist flew at Mary Marvel's face, missing by a hair's breath as she dodged.

"Are you crazy Junior?!" Mary stared at her boyfriend in shock. His eyes looked horrified.

"Duck! I can't help myself. Worm in my ear..."

Worm in ear... Mr Mind. What did Billy say about him?

Pouring on speed, everything froze. She caught Junior in a headlock and plunged down through the clouds.

With both feet on the ground, she yelled, "Shazam!"
Turning so that lightning struck Junior's head.

Freddy was in her arms.
Out popped a frazzled worm from his ear. It was sizzling with electricity, limp, but alive.

Clasping it in both hands, she flew to the nearest ice cream van in the outskirts of Fairfield.

Smiling sweetly at the enamoured guy tending to the van, she asked,"How would you like to save the world?"

"How? Yes. Of course," came the reply.

"Mind if I borrow the van? My Daddy will reimburse you for everything once we've used it to stop this wannabe ruler of the universe."

"Ruler of the universe?" The young man's eyes flew wide as he stared at the tiny limp worm. "Go ahead."

"Thanks!" Mary popped Mr Mind deep into the freezer. The intense cold kept the mighty villian incapacitated.

Then off she flew with the ice cream van.

-------

Sprawled out in a heap of rubble, Captain Marvel looked up at his atomic powered assailant.

"Kill Marvel," it's red eyes glowed as its fist swung at him.

Catching the metal fist, Cap flipped Mr. Atom out of Fairfield city, taking the fight to the deserted wastelands that surrounded the city.

"Cap. A physical key needs to be inserted into some receptor in Fairfield to teleport the entire city home," said Joey through the comms.

Taking a good look at his metallic opponent, he realised what Joey meant.

The conical top, cylindrical face, odd shaped arms and legs, in the right posture could be key. Captain grinned.

"Wanna kill me? You gotta catch me first," he taunted as he circled the planet with the robot tailing him.

Found it!
There was a deep hole in the ground in the center of Fairfield city. The opening was the same breadth as Mr Atom's shoulders.

Pouring on speed, Marvel circled the globe, ending up behind his pursuer.

Grabbing the robot's legs, he shoved Mr. Atom head first into the hole, twisting the giant robot like a key.

Click!

"Key's in place, system's unlocked and ready to go," Cap announced through his comms.

-------

Freddy shook the haze from his head. That irritating voice in his head that controlled his body was gone.

"Captain Marvel!"

Junior was back and boy was he mad.

His keen eyes caught sight of Stargirl squirming out of Captain Nazi's arms.

Nazi's up to no good again.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Said the teen to the enormous man.

The big man looked at Junior and laughed, only to lose a tooth as Junior's fist hit his jaw.

"Why you brat!" Captain Nazi punched Freddy's jaw and broke his fist.

"Not bad. I almost felt that," smirked Freddy.

"How's this?" Freddy rapped Captain Nazi's head, knocking the giant unconscious, just as Mary flew by with the van.

"Hey, you didn't save any for me," she protested.

"Next one's yours," he grinned.

"Hey I almost had him," Stars protested too.

"If it's Mr Mind's Monster Society of Evil, there'll be enough to go around, that is, if Billy shares," chuckled Freddy.

-------

"Joey!" Shrieked Sylvia.

Snap!

Sylvia activated her force field just as the jaws of a crocodile in a business suit clamped shut on her.

"Owww!" The well dressed crocodile spat out a mouthful of broken teeth. "You'll hear from my lawyers for this!"

"Holy Moley!" Yelled the four pups in unison as they leaped on King Kull and slipped into his clothes.

"Hoo ha hee.. No! Haha hee! Mercy! Hee hee hoo! Please!" Pleaded the invincible caveman as he dropped Joey.

"Mine!" Declared Mary Marvel as she swooped in punching King Kull out.

"Now Mo!" Ordered Joey.

Mo scurried to the machine beside Sivana who rolled over and caught him. "Oh no Mo you don't."

"Mine!" Yelled Stargirl as she blasted Sivana with her rod, knocking out the scientist and releasing the little mouse.

Mo scurried into the machine.

There was a blinding light and the city of Fairfield appeared around them.

-------

Three flashes of lightning on a sunny day just outside the Bromfield home meant their daughter was back. She brought her friends.

Mrs Bromfield headed to the kitchen to prepare refreshments for their guests.

"Daddy!" Teary-eyed Mary ran into the house and hugged Mr Bromfield. "I thought you were gone. I was so afraid I might never see you again."

"Mummy!" She charged at Mrs Bromfield, nearly knocking over the platter of warmed cookies.

"Easy Mary," Mrs Bromfield chided her as she pecked her adoptive daughter's forehead.

"Hi Mr B. Hi Mrs B," grinned Billy Batson, Mary's twin. Mr Bromfield ruffled the boy's hair. He was like a son to them too.

As Billy, Mary, Freddy and Courtney sat around the coffee table with the Bromfields, they heard interesting tales of what Fairfield had gone through during their city-napping.

Mary told them of Mr Mind and the ice cream van.

"No problem. A cheque of twenty thousand should more than cover everything," said Mr Bromfield.

Billy glared at Mary.

"Actually, I need to pay cash. It's a secret identity thing. You see... I told him my Daddy will pay for it."