JSA/JLA

Captain Marvel cruised through Fawcett as he finished his daily patrol.

It had been an uneventful morning. He rescued two cats from trees, helped an old lady cross the road, carried groceries to the old lady's home, caught and safely landed a falling plane. Just the usual.

His face lit up as he landed in a picturesque garden in Philadelphia where beautiful Courtney, his Courtney sat on a bench waiting for him.

"Shazam!"

Lightning split the clear sky. In the place of the red-clad Herculean man stood a slender teenage boy with the same brilliant blue eyes and dimpled smile as the Captain. His hair was a mop of raven black curls.

"Court!" The teen's cheeks reddened as his brilliant blue eyes shone brighter.

Courtney's cheeks heated up as Billy sat beside her. She rested her head on his shoulder, enveloped in his warmth as his arm encircled her waist, drawing closer.

"We got to leave for the party," she said as she twirled a golden lock of hair absentmindedly.

"Cap is expected to be there as he suggested this joint gathering in the first place," Billy said absentmindedly rubbing the back of his neck.

The recent events with Darkseid called for stronger ties between the teams.

As a member of both the Justice League and Justice Society, Captain Marvel suggested this gathering so that members of both teams could get to know one another better in a more conducive setting than the usual crisis.

"I know the rules. Cap's an old geezer so it would be scandalous if I cosy up to him," she teased.

"What geezer? You're a few months older than I," Billy pouted, crossing his arms

Courtney laughed as she ruffled his mop of raven black curls. He looked absolutely adorable.

"I'm gonna be all by my lonesome?" She teased, fluttering her lush eyelashes.

"Well... Billy is supposed to cover the party for Whiz network," he winked. "So I'll see you when Cap's done his rounds," he pecked her cheek.

Hands interlaced, the pair headed off to Brownstone to prepare for the party.

--------

"Marvel, good to see you. It's been awhile since you've hung out with us at the Watchtower," Wally waved at him.

"Huh? Yeah. I've been busy," Marvel looked distracted. His eyes scoured the crowd and landed on a pretty blonde teen in an off shoulder top and jeans that showed off her taut abs.

"You ok man?" Wally noticed that the Captain had stopped breathing. Following his line of sight, his eyes fell on Courtney.

"Stargirl's kind of young," he commented

"Jailbait, Captain White bread," sniggered Guy Gardner as he brushed past the big man with the crimson face and made his way towards Fire and Ice.

Courtney's eyes met Marvel's. Giggling she flushed red and looked away and continued her conversation with Black Canary and Power Girl.

Tearing his eyes away, he struck up a conversation with Wally. "So how are you getting on with your new job?"

"Pretty good actually. Flexible hours, understanding boss," he replied distractedly as his eyes fell on the buffet spread. The covers had just been removed.

"Mister Terrific had food catered from a five Michelin Star restaurant," said Marvel as the pair headed for the food.

"Marvel, I heard you stopped a parademon invasion. So what's the latest on Darkseid's plans?" Hal Jordan, who queued behind them, asked the big man.