Chapter 3

[Newest post!]

Two OKM Staff Recognized in Store!

Right when Y/n tapped the notification, BE-CON opened up. The post and its image appeared on her screen pretty quickly and she was surprised by two things about the post. The first was that it already had many comments and likes in the short span of time it had been uploaded and the other was that the image that was posted was of two men who stood inside a store, a grainy, greyscale filter over the small image. Even though to many, it was hard to tell who these people were, Y/n knew exactly who these people are.

She could recognize Gilbert's tall but gentlemen-like stature next to Jerry's hooded figure. Quickly, she tapped out of the app, but just as she did so, a text message was sent to her.

Jerry

dont text me. for your own safety

Her hands had begun to shake as she held her phone. Her mind began to race with millions of questions and she almost began typing a response but stopped herself. If Jerry sent her something like this...it could mean danger to her if she didn't listen to what he said. The ginger rarely got serious (even when he was serious, it was over silly things) with others, so if he sent this in order to protect her... He was in danger; that meant her uncle was also in danger.

"Mom?!" She yelled, quickly shooting upwards from her bed that she had been longing for ever since she got home, but now her exhaustion was gone, replaced with adrenaline and fear. Y/n could practically hear the silence in the house as her mother had not responded to her call, "mom?!"

Y/n hurried out of her room and opened the door across from her own rather harshly. Her mother's room was empty, aside from the regular items that were strewn about; she wasn't there. The female began searching the other rooms, praying that her mother was there, but no luck. Y/n practically tumbled down the stairs and searched around there. It was quiet aside from her pattering footsteps around the first floor.

Y/n began eyeing the front door, as if her mother was about to walk inside, but then glanced down at the side of the door where the front door's mat was and the area where they usually placed their shoes. Her mother only had one pair by the door at all times, said pair of shoes were gone. Dread filled the e/c-eyed girl's system as she rushed over, barefoot, and yanked the door open. Her eyes searched the closest areas of the forest and lake. The boat was still there, there were no signs of destroyed or trampled grass or plants near the edge of the woods, but she could see the faint spots of footprints on the soft, brown dirt. Were they her mom's? Y/n didn't know, but they were recent, that's for sure.

Still shoeless, she began running down the path that the four of them traveled to get to the house. The sky was now a soft yellow, signaling that the sun had begun to set over the mountains that Y/n lived in the depths of. That didn't matter now; what mattered was the safety and security of her mother. Where was she? Why was she out here alone?! Y/n could feel her lungs heaving with cold air, and her throat began to dry up, but that didn't stop her legs.

Mom, please, I just got you back! She could feel tears beginning to form, but the wind that hit her face while she ran dried them quickly.

If Y/n and Jerry could walk quickly on this trail and make it home in twenty minutes, then someone who had been running from most of her problems for a while could make this in ten. After running past what seemed to be the same pine trees and scenery for half the time, she finally began to see the small opening between the trees to the road.

It was quiet when Y/n began to slow down, her bare feet were stinging with the dirt it had collected over the run and she was sure a few rocks had embedded into the skin of her feet due to the stinging pains she felt down there.