Epilogue - Truth

"You have two choices," it told her just as she neared it, a length of its arm, which was at least two arm lengths of her own, "you may choose the safety you want and I shall provide it to the best of my abilities. Or, you may learn everything that has been hidden from you to the best of my abilities."

Y/n stood, her feet glued to the grass as she thought through the options. She wanted safety, and security, everything in her being was telling her to choose the safest option and stick with it. But...an inkling in her soul was telling her to turn towards the truth.

Who cared about safety when your mind cannot rest?

This was something she fought with every day. The what and ifs, it was so tiring. So, so tiring.

Her head lifted, eyes darting up to search the pale face of the entity before her. It stared back, blank.

"I..." She had begun speaking before she knew it, "I want to know the truth."

"Very well," it was as simple as that. Her heart began to pound louder and louder in her ears, "I am going to show you memories. Some of them are your own, some of them are not, but you will experience them as if they are happening right now."

It held out a hand towards her, inviting her to hold it. Y/n looked up at Slenderman, then down at the hand. She moved closer and placed her bloodied palm on top of the creature's own outstretched hand.

"Now, close your eyes. Think back...to the very beginning.." She could hear the voice echoing in her mind, talking to her so quietly. Y/N closed her eyes, her mind wandering far back from her consciousness, from everything around her. It felt like she was drifting away. Further...further away.

And then, there was nothing.

It was dark, weightless, until a sudden force pulled at her gut, pulled at something in her to fall forward.

Her eyes snapped open...except, Y/n was no longer in the center of the clearing with Slenderman, she was overlooking a large lake at what looked like to be late evening. Her eyes explored the vast distance of the lake until she heard someone speak behind her.

"You came..." She spun around, her heart leaping to her throat.

And then she felt all the blood drain from her face.

Five figures, one human, stood directly behind her, but none of them were looking at Y/n.

"A human?" One of the entities spoke, looking to its left at the others. This entity looked like a direct copy of Slenderman, except he wore a white dress shirt and brown sweater over it. He also seemed to be wearing glasses despite not having any eyes.

"Might as well kill him now, not my type anyways," the sultry tone was familiar, Offenderman's head tilted to the side as a wide grin stretched across his face, white tendrils snaking out behind his black trenchcoat.

"Wait!" The human man shrieked, "I summoned you! I did all the right things...s-so I... I'm able to make a deal with you creatures."

Splendorman looked to his right at Offenderman, then to his left at Slenderman, "is...is he telling the truth?" The usually happy entity didn't sound so happy at this new information.

"Sadly," Slenderman sighed, white hands coming up to fix his tie in an annoyed fashion, "he is. I had forgotten about this method of...communication long ago."

"What is your name, human?"

The human before the four faceless entities swallowed nervously, shocked he had even gotten this far...shocked that he was still even alive. Even so, he composed himself.