Epilogue - Hoodie

"Hoodie."

If anyone told her that she'd feel safe with a tall, masked killer such as him... She wouldn't have believed them. Even so, she still felt some sort of security around him; not seeing him in quite a while didn't really matter to her, she trusted his capabilities.

She trusted him.

A hum vibrated through her mind, causing her to furrow her brows. She was about to open her eyes in wonder, but Slenderman squeezed her hand. Y/n didn't know if that meant to keep them shut or if it was just a coincidence, but she heeded his words from before and kept her eyes closed.

"He shall be there soon," Slender's voice echoed in her mind, fading in and out in her ears, causing her eyes to water behind her eyelids. Even in the darkness behind them, she could see a swirl of faint illumination, swirling lights until her entire surroundings dimmed considerably. The emptiness in her palm was also concerning, so, slowly, she opened her eyes.

Y/n blinked away the small tears that had formed and waited until she gathered herself in this dusty room. There was a faint light behind her, and upon turning, she saw a small window with heavy blinds covering the glass. To the left of the window was a bed, somewhat large. The blankets and sheets of the bed were slightly untouched, but it was clear that someone had used it before, just not recently. A bedside table sat next to it, collecting dust. The carpet floor also looked unwell, like it hadn't been vacuumed or stepped upon in a while.

Asides from a dresser being placed against the opposite wall, there was nothing else that stood out to her in this room. She turned back around and found herself face-to-face with a door with a small chair placed right next to the square arch. The door was slightly open, allowing in a little bit more light, but not a lot. Y/n's eyes narrowed and she snuck her left foot around the crevice to tug it open carefully.

No sound came from the cabin, no sounds of shuffling or intrusion, just the faint creak of the wooden door as it slowly came to a stop, halfway open. Y/n leaned forward and peered out.

Near the far left side of the small house was a kitchen, small and simple. To the right was a couch, facing a box-shaped TV that sat on a low, wooden table against the wall. Once she determined it was safe, Y/n stepped out of the bedroom and out in the open. She smoothed a hand along the back of the couch, finding it surprisingly plush, but pulling her hand back revealed it to have collected a thick layer of dust over her already dirty palm.

Y/n brushed her hand along the side of her jeans and walked into the center of the room. Ahead of her was clearly the exit to the cabin, two windows placed on either side of the door. Through the windows, she could see the green terrain of the deep wilderness.

Something in the back of her mind tingled, a feeling of deja vu. There was supposed to be someone else here, right? She...she's been here before.

Y/n thought back on Hoodie...no, Brian. He told her his name the moment she woke up in that bed and wanted her to call him that. Her heart thundered in her ears as her head turned slowly to look out through the window on the left, expecting to see the back of his head waiting for her. Watching the trees in blissful silence.

The female hurried towards the front door and felt a wave of relief wash over her entire being as it opened with ease. The fresh, dewy air felt refreshing. She hadn't realized how long she had been craving the freshness of a simple breath of air, surrounded by nature. That too was a surprise of its own.

Y/n surveyed the area first, something she had tried to lose the habit of but had gotten used to over time due to the experiences she had within the maze and out of it. The strange habits she had received from those places weren't at all harmful, but once Y/n noticed them she tried her best to get rid of said habit.