Chapter 7

Y/n inhaled sharply through her nose as she jogged deeper into the woods, the greenery around her becoming denser and denser by the second. Eyeless Jack and Skully had sent Y/n forward as their messenger as they two had to literally carry the massive creature towards their destination. Y/n was pointed in a direction by Skully and was told to run ahead of them to explain the situation.

Her pace slowed, the thundering sounds of her heart beating against her ears becoming the only thing she could hear. Y/n could no longer see the sky that once peered through the top of the trees; this part of the forest was that dense.

A sigh escaped her lips as she continued at a slow pace since Skully and Jack would have a harder time catching up with the beast in their arms. Even with the two of them combined, could they actually carry the Rake?

In the distance of the sky, Y/n could hear the rumbling of clouds and upon inhaling through her nose, she could smell the faint scent of rain. It hadn't begun to rain just yet, but there was a storm approaching. Her eyes narrowed as she quickened her search for what the cannibal had requested her to find...

And that actually didn't take long at all.

Through a very dense wall of bushes and other foilage, Y/n found a very tattered-looking cabin. The wooden cabin was in a circular clearing, the sky now somewhat visible, showing off a greyish hue. The clouds had drifted in quicker than she initially thought. Even though the clearing was spacious enough that it didn't touch any of the trees, it was hidden just barely so that no human could easily find their way here. Not if that human was lost, however.

Approaching the building, Y/n couldn't help but feel that something was off. It wasn't a bad feeling, but there was something sitting in the back of her head that was familiar. Could it be the scenery? Or the rain? Something about the house? She wasn't sure, but it would surely sit at the back of her mind for a while. Y/n tentatively approached the door and...knocked.

There was no answer and Y/n briefly thought about peeking through the dirtied window to her left, but she could've sworn she heard someone shuffling around on the other side of the door, so, she knocked again. Except, before her hand could even reach the wooden object, it was pulled open so quickly that Y/n had no room to react when a hand grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her forward, hard.

Y/n tumbled to the ground, her body hitting the wooden floor creating a loud thud that bounced throughout the cabin, her arms were sprawled out at her side. She was dazed but was still clearly aware of the weight pressing down on her torso. A man held a small knife directly to her throat.

"Who are you? What is your business here?" He hissed, his red eyes narrowing dangerously. Y/n blinked, noticing immediately that his sclera was pitch black, the irises red; similar to BEN's.

"Speak!" Y/n tilted her head up just a tad as the knife lowered dangerously close to her neck.

"M-my name is Y/n. I came here..because Ja-Eyeless Jack wanted me to give you a warning..." She had been eyeing the knife as she spoke but flicked her e/c orbs upwards to take a good look at the so-called 'doctor' Jack trusted. Asides from his odd eyes, his skin was pale and his black hair was disheveled and somewhat greasy. The man wore a collared, white shirt with a black tie and what seemed to be a white doctor's coat. What Y/n also found that was somewhat strange about him is that he had on blue surgical gloves.

After what seemed to be an eternity of lying on the floor, the black-haired man decided to stand and pocketed the weapon, but he narrowed his eyes down at Y/n, his lips pursing.

"Alright, give me the warning." He spoke rather bluntly, not offering a hand when Y/n slowly got to her feet.

"They're coming here with the Rake. It's been injured by...something, I don't know, it was pretty bad." She explained, the doctor crossing his arms.