Chapter 17

This is the start of your conversation with @Crozowna

[ Today at 1:58 ]

Arowna: i know what you did

Arowna: fucking animal

[ Today at 2:03 ]

? :DMZ

What are you talking about? :DMZ

Arowna: cutena

Arowna: you took her and put her in the maze

Arowna: i know it was you

Arowna: youre the one up to this whole thing

Arowna... :DMZ

I think you need some sleep. :DMZ

I'm on your side, everyone's side. I don't know where you came up with this idea, but I'm hurt. :DMZ

Arowna: the people in the maze are hurting more than you ever will

~

Whispers carried around the workspace like common chatter among friends. Worried glances were shared between others as they exchanged visuals and information on the remaining few inside the maze.

"That's two of five down..." A girl, still in her teens, mumbled as she crossed off a name on a piece of paper; The Siren. The one above it, KING, was crossed out as well. She handed the paper over to the one who sat next to her. He looked down at the paper in the dim room and clicked his tongue.

"We should've added more," he murmured, "we aren't like them. We don't have enough people who are brave enough to enter the maze willingly to kill the others."

A man who had been listening nearby, turned on his swivel chair, his eyes somewhat wide, "you still think those people were willing actors?" He bellowed, "those were actual killers, idiot. They're more of a danger to us than the ones in the maze."

The many in this room fell silent save for the few beeps and chimes of the machinery around them.

"Stop complaining and get back to work," someone huffed, "don't wanna be caught by the bosses, do you?"

The silence was a unanimous vote, just in time too as the large doors near the back of the room swung open, two figures stepping inside who was halfway through a conversation.

"Just wait it out. If they confront you again, don't respond," the eldest spoke, his head turning to look around at the screens and the many who worked, "what are they going to do? Track us down?" An amused breath left his lips.

"Even if they do manage to find our location, there isn't much they can do about it."

The other was silent, a phone illuminating his features as he stared down at it in silence. After a few moments, he nodded and shut the device off, then pocketed it.

The two who exchanged information by paper glanced at each other warily, sending signals with their body language and eyes before the male sighed, giving in. He held the paper and turned slowly on his spinning chair, "sir?" His voice was small, but loud in the quiet room. The one who was speaking before turned his head and even in the dark, the employee could feel his eyes.

"Another...killer has fallen," he reported, head hanging low. The shadows grew cold, shifting, moving in the room which caused chills to run up many spines until the feeling settled. The feeling of unease.