Chapter 12

The group of six kept silent, it seemed that none of them knew what this...strange man was talking about. He crossed his arms in response, "seriously? Nobody kn-...okay. That's fine, it's simple! You'll all catch on quickly."

In one quick movement, he rummaged for something in both pockets and after pulling out both hands, Y/n noticed that in his left was a small remote, in his right were seven, small sticks of sorts. He pressed a button on the remote which caused the stage he was standing on to shudder; a small compartment had opened behind him and rose up from behind him. A small table appeared with multiple items littered on said table.

"You will each draw a random stick from my hand. Each stick has a number written on it!" He turned to the table and grabbed a small jar, with small pieces of paper mixed up inside, "you cannot tell anyone else your number, after, a random slip of paper will be drawn and whoever gets called is the King. The King calls any of the numbers that aren't their own up to the stage."

It was easy enough. Y/n had tried to crane her head up to get a better view of what was on the table as it came up from the ground, but she couldn't get a good look.

"The King has the power to tell the other person to do anything, as long as it draws blood, but isn't enough to kill them. We keep the game going until at least half of the people inside die."

Y/n could tell that the others, including herself, had their blood run cold at the sound of that. She could only assume at this point that the many items on the table were weapons of some kind, of course, this would also mean that he was allowing the six of them an opportunity to take a weapon and kill the rest of the contestants in this room.

Was that what he wanted?

The half-masked male descended from the stage's steps on the right-hand side and smiled as he approached the group who kept seated. When it came for Y/n's turn to draw one of the many sticks from his hand, she met his eyes and drew a stick, keeping his gaze until he left her table. Glancing down, she read her number; 2.

After everyone had drawn their stick, the man drew a slip of paper from the hat, "number six is the King!" Y/n could feel herself trembling at this point, her body going somehow cold in the room, flushed with fear.

The girl that had arrived with the two other males, stood up slowly, raising her stick with uncertainty. It was quiet while she hurried up the stage and paused to stare at the items on the table, "um... One and...three."

Y/n flinched at the sound of Ann, who sat next to her, standing up. She made it to the stage before the other male, one of the ones from the group of three. The girl who was the supposed 'King' looked shocked that she had called on one of her teammates, "T-three, punch one!"

Ann raised her brows at this and her lips somewhat twitched upwards, though, right before she could take a swing, a loud noise rang throughout the room. Y/n's ears were ringing due to how close the sound had originally been to her ears.

A loud scream erupted from upon the stage from the younger girl who was now clutching her arm in pain. The noise was still a tad bit muffled, but Y/n could clearly see blood running down from her left arm.

"You'll be fine. It won't kill you....yet," the masked individual tucked his gun away quickly, "you only get one mistake. It must draw blood...punches don't do justice," if this was what he deemed as a mistake, then they'd all have to choose their words carefully.

"Punches draw blood!" The last of the group of three who was still seated argued back, which caused the one who shot at the girl to glare at him.

"I don't trust one punch to draw blood."