Chapter 6

Y/n was lying on her side, attempting to dose off for the third time tonight with her back facing the brunette that slept near the entrance of the makeshift bed. She had fallen asleep and woken up multiple times already, woken up by movement that echoed easily around the cave the killers took shelter in. It was to be expected honestly; this was almost akin to living with roommates...except they were all sleeping in stone carvings embedded in the wall.

The h/c-haired girl exhaled quietly and rolled to her back, the blanket curling slightly underneath her right shoulder, now only covering half of her body. She felt hot even with the cool air wafting around the cave. Y/n shifted her body a bit to the left so the blanket that covered only half her body flattened out, then she sat up.

Her eyes had adjusted well to the darkness that consumed the barely lit cave; most of the candles had either died out or were blown out by the many few who favored darkness over the light. Y/n peeled the blanket away from the rest of her body and sat up slowly so as to not wake the resting girl beside her. Y/n didn't know how Clockwork could sleep with the soft clicking in her eye. Even with the sound being so soft, sleeping next to her felt like it was right in her ear.

Carefully, she crawled around the foot of the blanket, the only area she could get around Clockwork, then slid her feet over the edge of the stone bed. She snatched the shoes she had pulled off before she had lulled asleep and slipped them on, took a pocket knife from one of the side pouches, then grabbed her phone (which was shut off), before landing on the ground. Nobody slept on the stone bunk underneath her shared one, which she was somewhat thankful for.

Jane and Sally shared the top one to the left of Y/n's, Jane on the outer-most of the bed while Sally slept between her and the wall. With the others, she did not know. Though, Y/n knew for a fact that one of the killers was sitting outside of the stone camp, keeping watch and guard on the other side of the hidden tarp.

The sounds of quiet, methodical breathing in the cave did little to cover the sounds of her footsteps as she stepped carefully towards the small entrance she had come from hours before. Y/n couldn't sleep, so why not keep the one guarding some company? Of course, this idea sounded great when she first thought of it, but she had no idea who was keeping watch right now.

Y/n peered down the narrow passage, eyeing the semi-melted wax that stuck to a crevice in the wall, the wick of the candle still burning but flickering every so often. Y/n brushed her fingertips against the stone wall as the passage got darker, but her eyes adjusted quickly. She could see the loom of the tarp that blocked the opening nearing as she took steps closer.

Then, the tarp was harshly tugged aside, a laugh escaping whoever pulled it away from its original place; but the laugh wasn't directed at her, possibly someone else. Y/n blinked in surprise when she saw Liu enter. He gave her a tired nod and brushed passed her. The other that appeared from beside the tarp let out a few more chuckles, hands shoved into his pockets. His permanent smile only widened when he saw Y/n pressing her side against the right part of the wall.

Jeffrey moved forward, slowing to stop at her side, and nudged her ribcage with his elbow, "good luck with that guy. He's a real nutcase." With that, he continued onwards, loudly making his presence known. The tarp that Jeffrey had held open now fluttered shut, the cool air that came from the outside urging her forward.

Y/n pulled the cloth aside and peered out, glancing around the cave for who Jeffrey had spoken about. It was a somewhat unpleasant surprise when Y/n spotted who. Someone was sitting against the wall across from her.

A mask stared at her directly across from the opening of the cave, the design somewhat similar to Masky's. What was most interesting about it was the mouth as it was shaped in a blocky form, then three verticle lines inside of it with one horizontal line crossing all the way through them. Were they supposed to be teeth? His attire looked...comfortable. He was dressed as if he was prepared for cold weather.