Chapter 9

The young boy had been clutching onto the left arm of Y/n for some time now, but she managed to coax him over to the couch so he could sit and calm down. Dr. Smiley left the two of them, back to the room with his supplies, and returned with a bag in one hand and a square band-aid in the other.

"Don't rip the IV out again," he ordered while handing over the square patch, "this isn't a movie."

Levi tentatively took the band-aid and peeled away the plastic seal before placing it on the red mark on his arm where a bead of blood began to form. The boy rubbed it afterward, his eyes darting toward the wooden floor. The doctor sighed, facing Y/n this time.

"I'm going to check up on the big guy outside, keep him...stable, alright?" He left without hearing a response from the girl, which made her slightly irritated, she wasn't going to lie. Dr. Smiley seemed to have a habit of leaving without a say in the matter. Y/n shifted herself so she was angled towards Levi who now was silently surveying his surroundings.

His eyes went to the tile across the room, then to the doors down the hall, his gaze holding long on the doctor's medical room, then over to Y/n. When he met her e/c eyes, he faltered. Y/n smiled softly.

"So," she began, breaking the silence, "are you feeling a bit better?"

Levi nodded at her question, taking in a slow, but a shaky, breath.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Y/n asked this as if she knew where to look (she didn't, but she'd try). All the things that she had brought with her were left back at the cave. She could only hope that Jane or Clockwork would take the bag with them on their supposed camp move.

"No," his voice came out like a whisper, but Y/n still heard it. His voice made her heart flutter with warmth, a warmth that she had forgotten was possible in situations like these. Y/n nodded, placing a careful hand on the shoulder closest to her.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but..." She knew that asking certain questions could lead him to shut down or cause him to withdraw from her, but she needed to ask, "do you remember anything that happened after the...maze?"

Even saying anything similar to that place made her shudder. Levi narrowed his eyes, his strength slowly returning to his body. She remembered the look in his eyes; the look he gave whenever he tried his best to protect her.

Levi stared hard, away from Y/n for a few moments, thinking before audibly inhaling, "it was...cold, but I felt someone holding me.. Then I felt warmth for a long time," he began explaining, "I didn't know where I was but...I could still hear things, and then, during that time, I...remembered a lot of things I had forgotten."

His lips trembled, and he inhaled again, "how could I forget...my friends...my family?"

Levi looked over to Y/n, his eyes glossy, but no tears fell, "why did I forget, Y/n?"

With her other free hand, Y/n brought it around Levi to give him a quick hug, her lips tugged to a frown. It was because of him. Her father had done this to them, but he was gone now, they wouldn't forget.

"It's okay," she whispered, "it's over now. You won't forget them anymore, I promise."

_________

[ Today at 10:34 ]

RyzaNya invited OKM_Discuss

Arowna: ???? uhhh

Arowna: ryza??

RyzaNya: You guys need to listen to this really quickly. Things have gotten tricky