Chapter 1

Kiara

The award for best lawyer of the year goes to "Ms. Kiara Mehra."

Ooh, the day I was waiting for

I would like to call her on stage to receive the award.

Yes, Kia, let's go and take the award.

.

.

"Wake up Kiara, it's already 7:45, you have to go to your office!" Wake up, kid.

and I jerked out of my dream.

This typical Indian mother's formula always wakes the child by saying the time 1 hour later.

"Mom, you know I hate mornings, yet you wake me up at 6:30 when I can get up at 7:30 myself; you interrupted my dream; I was just about to receive the award." I complained.

"That's why I woke you up so that you can work and earn awards in real life; now I have made your favourite breakfast, chhole bhature (Indian snack food)." she said to me, and I got super excited since I am a big foodie.

"Woah, Mom, you know how to make me love mornings; ok, I'll get ready and see you downstairs."

Uff! My mom is great.

Ohh! I forgot to introduce myself to everyone.

Hello, I am Kiara Mehra, known as Kia. I live in a family of three with my parents; we are a small, happy family. My father used to work as a manager in a company; now he is retired, and my mother is an interior designer.

The reason my house is so lovely.

And I am a lawyer. I started working for a company two years ago, and now I am planning to join a law firm.

I adore my parents, but there is another person who is also my world,

My best friend

Ok, enough of the introduction, Kia, let's have a bath.

I was about to enter the bathroom when I heard something.

Hello pumpkin! Hello honey bunny!

Oh, not again.

What?

I again forgot to change my mobile's ringtone.

Let's see who is calling me in the early morning, even though I know the answer.

And I was right; it's my bestie, "The Great Prisha Singhania."

Only she has the right to call me this early in the morning, as normally I'm asleep at this time and nobody dares to disturb my sleep.

"Hello, am I talking to Kiara Mehra, who's my best friend?" is what I hear as soon as I pick up the phone.

What has happened to her now?

"Yes, you are talking to Kiara Mehra, who for some reason is your best friend." I replied.

"Ok, enough of this. What happened? Why did you call like this so early in the morning?"

"Anything urgent, or else I've got to bathe now." I asked her

"It's very urgent," she replied, getting a little hyper.

and then I got a little worried as her being hyper is a very rare case.

"Prishu, you're fine, right? what happened? Tell me" I said I was getting a little impatient.

"Actually, I want a favor."

Now, something is definitely wrong! Who in the world asks a best friend for a favour when you know you can order right away and the other person has no right to refuse?

'Prishu what's wrong? tell me? what happened? Did someone say anything to you? I asked her in a way that I hoped would calm her down.

"Kia, actually I wanted to tell you that." she started with a hesitating voice.

I can't understand what's happening because she never really hesitates for anything, at least in front of me.

"Yes, say what you want to." I replied, so that she gets rid of that hesitation and says whatever she has to, like she normally does.

"No, I can't say it on the phone, Kia, so please come and meet me at our usual spot."

"Prishu, calm down." I said, but she cut me off

"Kia, please, some fast." she said, and now I can tell she's on the verge of crying.

"Prisha, Lis---" as I was about to say, I heard

Beep, beep, beep

"It's definitely something wrong with her; she never really says please or anything like that. Something is definitely not right."

Kia, don't waste time thinking about it; get ready to meet her because you know exactly what she's capable of.

Yes, I'll go see her first and then think about anything else.

With this, I went to get ready.

********************************************************************************************

Hey everyone

So this is the first chapter of my first story.

This is our dear female lead, Kiara Mehra.

What do you think would have happened to Prisha?

It will be revealed in the next chapter.

I hope you liked this part.

Please vote, share, and comment.

Love,

Author