Chapter 12

Third-person POV

It was finally the day when Kiara and Neil were going to get married, or as we can say, getting tied to each other for 6 months.

Kiara was getting ready for her big day in her room, thinking about how her dream of bringing the baraat was coming true, and she smiled slightly as she remembered their meeting yesterday.

"Oh, Kia, you're smiling even before your wedding. I'm sure you'll have the best wedding life, not like mine, where I had to just hold back our tears." Her bua said who had recently divorced her husband.

"That's for sure, didi; after all, we are getting her married after properly examining the boy and his family." Kiara's mother replied very proudly.

All this while, Kiara was still in her own world, thinking about the only thing that was disturbing her.

"Was signing the contract necessary?"

After this whole month, she has realised that even without love, this marriage would definitely work out.

"Kiara, hurry up, we have to be on the mandap." Her mother said

"Not on the mandap, but at the main gate." Kiara said, smiling at the thought.

"Why?" Her mother questioned, shockingly, believing she would flee like the dramatic seriels, and she didn't even have a replacement.

"Chill, mom, nothing like you're thinking." Kiara replied, easily reading her mother's mind.

"Then?" her mother asked, feeling a little relieved.

"I'm bringing the baraat, and Neil is going to stand on the mandap waiting for me." Kiara replied with an excitement-filled voice, shocking her mother.

"Kia, are you mad? Your marriage is not in a book; it's in real life, and that too in India... The Khurana family will not accept this, child. Do you believe any family will consent on giving their son's rights to the daughter-in-law?" Her mother screamed at her.

"Mumma, chill. I already had a talk with Neil about this, and he has agreed, and even his parents have agreed. He called me in the morning to inform me that." Kiara informed her mother, making her sigh in relief.

"Then, this is really exciting. I always wished my daughter would do something unique in her life, and this can be included on the list." Her mother happily hugged her.

"Enough, you mother-daughter; now Kia, sit and do your makeup, and Auntie... please go see the guests." Prisha stated that seeing the mother-daughter wasting time even when the wedding is only 2 hours away.

"Relax, Prishu; everything will be fine; don't worry." Kiara said to her besties after seeing her stressed out.

"Ok, dear bride, now come and get ready."

********************************************************

The whole garden of the Khurana Mansion was dazzling with lights; the decoration of the garden is definitely a treat for the eyes, with the mandap in the centre having the havankund and Pandit Ji, who's going to get the two people married.

Neil Khurana, dressed in an off-white sherwani and looking devilishly handsome, is waiting for his soon-to-be wife-to-be, Kiara Mehra, who has just gotten down from the ghodi and is dancing while walking down the wedding aisle, moving her body graciously to the beats of music played by the baraat band.

Everyone had a smile on their faces and adoration in their eyes, except for one, whose eyes were filled with confusion.

*****************************************