Chapter 2

Neil

"When are you getting married?"

"Not found a girl yet?"

"Are you gay?"

"Do you have a fertility problem that nobody is getting married to you?"

"Get married fast, or else you'll not get the girl of your choice."

Aaahhh screaming I awaken from my slumber.

The same dream with the same questions from nearly everyone.

Why are you not getting married? When will you get married? blah, blah, blah.

I just don't understand why being 28 and unmarried is such a huge issue.

Because you live in India, where girls and boys should have only one supreme dream, and that is getting married.

I swear to God that if anyone ever questions my marriage again, I'll leave this country and settle somewhere else.

I don't want to get married. Why can't people understand?

Leave people alone; why can't my parents understand?

Plus, my brother is the weirdest person who wants me to marry so that he can marry because he's younger than me.

Why can't he just convince Mom and Dad to get him married first instead of eating my head?

"Hey, bro, where are you?"

Think of the devil, and the devil is here.

I didn't want to reply to that, but still, I did.

"I'm here inside my room." I replied, and within a second he was standing in front of me.

He was surely standing just outside the door.

"Good morning, brother!" He greeted me

"Hmm, same to you now; tell me what happened, and how are you even awake before me?" I asked, my tone getting a little surprised at the end.

"Because, unlike any other day, you have woken up a little later than usual." he said, and that's when I looked at the clock.

oh shitt.

I thought as I looked at the clock, which showed the timing as 8.

How did I sleep so long?

covering it up, I replied

"So what?Can't I wake up a little late at least one day in the week?"

"Oh, you can, obviously.When did I object to it?" he replied.

"Then why did you come early in the morning to just tell me the time?" I replied, becoming irritated for reasons I don't understand.

"Wait, what? Who said I came to tell you the time right now?"

"Then?"

"I came to tell you that mom and dad want to talk to you, so come fast in the garden," he said.

"Ok, I'll come after getting fresh," I said.

He nodded at me and went out of the room.

What do they have to say to me?

Thinking this, I came out of my bed, freshened up a little, and went into the garden, where my parents were seated peacefully, drinking tea.

"Good morning!" I wished them, and they returned it.

"So you both wanted to talk to me?" I asked them

"Yes, dear." Mumma answered.

"So what is it?" I asked, getting a little curious.

"We'll tell you. First, sit down and have a little tea with us." Mumma said, and I followed her instructions.

Taking a sip of tea, I asked,

"Now, will you tell me what you wanted to say?"

"Sure, dear, I and your Mom have arranged a blind date for you," Dad said.

Sorry?

Pause,

Back,

Repeat,

What!!!

Why???

"How can you do this before even telling me?" I asked, raising my voice a little,

How can they do this?

"Son, we know you won't ever go on a date if we tell you to go by your wishes, so we arranged a blind date." Even though I was getting agitated, Mom responded calmly.

"Don't you like to see me living a peaceful life?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"You've lived a peaceful life up to this point; now, no excuses; just get ready and arrive at Blue Nile Restaurant at 11 a.m.," Dad said. --- no -- literally commanded me.

"No, you can't just order me around like this; it's my life." I replied angrily.

"Dear, please, your father is right; you have to go, and please make us in-laws soon." Mom said.

"Mom, you too?"

'What ,you too? Your father is right; my friends have even become grandmothers, and I am not even a mother-in-law," she replied.

"Please, son." she said, dramatically.

And these emotional looks!

melting under her looks, I replied,

"Ok, fine, I'll go, but don't expect everything you said."

*************************************************************************************

Hey Readers

So here goes Chapter 2.

I hope it is satisfactory.

Do vote, share, and comment.

We'll meet in the next chapter.

Love,

Author