Chapter 9

Kiara

After signing the contract, here I am with Ne-- Mr. Khurana, having my lunch.

I can say my life has progressed so much in the last 3 days, more than it has in my lifetime.

all thanks to Prisha!

"Kiara, don't you think since we both signed the contract, now we should let our parents meet each other?" He said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, that's a nice idea; even my parents want to meet you and your family." I agreed.

"So great, tomorrow is Sunday, so shall we meet for dinner?" He suggested with excitement.

"Sure, who's house, yours or mine? " I questioned.

"At my house, mom gets way too excited about arranging things." He said and I agreed

"Ok, so your place it is, tomorrow at 7:30 in the night."

"hmm"

deciding this, we finished our lunch, followed by an ice cream that Neil offered.

.

.

Currently, it's 8:00 pm, and I'm entering my house with a broad smile on my face, for reasons even I don't know.

"Look who's here, my lovely daughter, who's soon going to get married." my mother said dramatically.

"Oh, Mumma, you and your emotional drama, don't you get tired of it?" I replied.

"Oh dear, your mother can never get tired of these serials; even I used to complain about them, but she made me addicted to them." dad said on mom's behalf.

This couple is  love.

"BTW, dear soon-to-be in-laws, we have to go tomorrow to have dinner at Neil's place; his parents want to meet you both and obviously me." I informed them and started going towards my room.

"You see, Aatish, the progression; the first time she told us about this guy, it was only Mr. Khurana, now it's Neil," my mother joked.

She's becoming weird.

"I agree, Priya; she didn't have this much progress in her report card either." Dad joked.

"Papa, you too?" I said, irritated.

"The company's effects," he said playfully.

"Okay, enough of Timepass; Kia, what time do we have to leave so I can prepare? Also, are you going to bring a gift, or should I?" Mom throwed the questions at me,

"We have to be there at 7:30, and as for the gift, you obviously will bring it; you know my preferences, right?" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Ok, so I'm planning on taking a Ganesha idol as a gift; will it be fine with Kiara and Kiara's dear dad?" Mom said immediately as if she had already planned the gift.

"Yes, dear." my dad and I replied together.

Then we had dinner while discussing all my parent's fantasies for my wedding, and then I called the day off.

______________________________________________________________

Neil

Everything is finally on track; now that the contract has been signed, just the thing that's left is getting married. With this thought, I entered my paradise, or in short, my home.