Chapter 3

The first thing Niel noticed was the sound of birds singing what he thought was rather loud. A groaned escaped from his lips as his brow furrowed. A headache was killing him. Never had he felt such pain.

Slowly Niel sat up, expecting to be met by nature, by the same place where he fell down only to be surprised he wasn't there anymore. He was laying down on bed with what he thought were the softest sheets he had ever felt. Turning his head Niel saw where the sound of loud chirping came from. The balcony door stood wide up and on the railing of said balcony was a blackbird singing his love song.

It was then he came to the realisation he wasn't home, nor in a hospital. Niel was in the home of some stranger. The pain booming from his head was soon forgotten as he sprung out of the bed.

Maybe the pain in his head was gone, but the second Niel set foot on the hard wooden floors of the room a sharp pain shot through his ankle right up his leg. Leaving him screaming loudly as it was so unexpected.

A normal person would curse out loud, but not Niel. No. Camilla brought her children up learning that cursing was just as a great sin as stealing, hurting others and adultery. So when Niel screamed, he yelled different fruits in a sentence.

"Grape, orange, lemon, ah!"

Quickly Niel settled himself on the bed again, avoiding putting weight on his bad leg. Once seated he inspected his injury. When Niel fell his ankle got twisted, not so badly that he fractured it, but badly enough that his ankle had now various colors of the rainbow painted on his skin. Also it had swollen up like that blue girl in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

Niel groaned as he had no idea how he would get home now.

His yelling had alarmed the residents of the building he was located at. Soon Niel could hear footsteps nearing the main door of the luxurious bedroom. It was quite spacious, he had noticed just then.

When the door opened Niel's breath hitched. Should he trust this person? Would this person mean any harm to him? Where had this certain person brought him? Was he close to home? Or was this person way more dangerous than he thought? Should he get an item that could function as a weapon? Questions swarmed in the boy's mind.

Walking in was a tall muscular man. Close to Niel's own physic but just slighty more. He had ginger hair and a small beard was forming on his jawline. Only by appearance this guy should intimidate Niel, but the calm words leaving this guys mouth threw Niel off. Lowering his guard by just a bit.

"Ah I see you are awake. How are you feeling?" The tall guy seemed so relaxed, like it was any other day that someone harmed ley in his house.

Niel could only look at him in confusion and slight fear.

"Oh right, shit. I am sorry. Didn't think how this would come across, but – uh... No need to be afraid." The ginger said with his hand held up as if he had surrendered himself. "We are just some people living away from town and we found you at the lake, well actually our a- uhm... our boss did. But hey – you are safe and sound." The guy rambled on.

"Anyway, do you think you can stand on that leg?" Niel didn't answer the man with words, rather more with actions. He stood up and tried to put his weight on his foot slowly but surely. As he had trouble with finding balance, the ginger tried to help him.

"Need some help with that?" The guy had asked as he was about to reach for Niels hand. Luckily for the teenage boy he quickly withdrew his hand before unwanted skin contact was made.

"Alright, take your time." The ginger said slowly, trying not to be offended by Niel.

When Niel found a comfortable amount of weight on his foot he slowly tried to walk forwards, which didn't go as smoothly as he would have liked, but good enough to move around.