Chapter 17

Levi had returned to Atlas, seeking for an explanation. "What the actual fuck was that?" He saw the Alpha and his friend standing in his office breathing heavily. Levi didn't got an response initially and he waited until the fury was out of Atlas' eyes.

It took some minutes before the Alpha had calmed down and it was right then it had dawned on him what he had done to his mate. The beast inside of him was satisfied their mate was finally marked and belonged to them, but the human side of Atlas felt remorse for what he did.

"What happened?" Levi asked again.

Atlas picked on the elastic around his wrist and when that bothered him he put is hair in a bun. "It went dark inside my head," He said lowly. "The wolf in me took over. For some time I wanted to make progress to complete the mating bond but I couldn't. I felt rejected, frustrated, angry..."

The Beta angrily sighed, "That is still no excuse to lose control like that!"

Atlas sat down behind his desk. He pondered over what had happened. Did he truly feel remorse? Or was he happy he had finally marked his mate? Atlas didn't know. But still he felt some kind of relief now he knew his mate ley in his bed marked.

"It can't be helped, it already happened."

"It can't be helped? It can't be helped?!" Levi started to shout. "That poor boy was screaming in pain Atlas!"

Atlas stood up and pointed at his Beta. "Remember your place Levi, I am your Alpha and Niel is my mate. By law I am responsible for Niel and I can decide what happens to him."

"That is an ancient law and you know it," Levi growled.

"Careful Beta Barlowe," Atlas growled back.

A silence fell between the two wolves. Levi couldn't face his friend anymore, not recognizing him, and left the room.

The next day Niel woke up early in the morning, alone. It took some time before everything came to him what happened the day before. His hand immediately shot to his neck where he could feel a bandage. His neck still hurt, but the pain was bearable. Slowly he sat up and walked over to the bathroom.

Standing in front of the mirror, he slowly took of the bandage, wanting to know what the damage was. Ever so slowly he peeled of the bandage until it was lose and Niel could see the harm that was done to him. A large bite mark showed up in his reflection between his neck and shoulder. It was swollen, red and had still some blood lingering around the wound.

Looking at the wound directly brought back the memories from yesterday, Niel flinched remembering the dark look in Atlas' eyes and the attack on his neck. His hands started to shake and his breath quickened. He stormed out of the bathroom not wanting to look at it anymore.

The teenager curled himself up on the couch and put the tv on for some background noise as he despised the silence. He didn't know for how long he sat there, but he was snapped out of his trance when a knock was being heard.

Niel stood up, preparing himself for whoever was about to come through that door. When he saw it was Rain he let go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. Relief coursed through his body as he was afraid Atlas might show up.

"Hey, is it all right if I come in?"

Niel slowly nodded and sat back down again. Rain joined him on the couch and looked worried at the teenager, glancing at the mark it pained her to see it. Something that should be so beautiful, intimate, and be pleasurable had turned in something dark and traumatic for Niel. Rain had hoped his marking would be good so the two of them would grow closer, but it did the exact opposite.