Chapter 25

Niel had opened his eyes again, but this time he was sober. Both his feet stood on the earth again. No longer was he floating between that what was real and that what was not. He liked he got to see his sibling again. That their encounters felt so real as if they happened for the first time. But it also played with his mind.

Relieved he had entered the realm of reality again he saw someone vaguely familiar. The teenager didn't expect this person to sit next to his bed. It was Matt, from the soccer game. The warrior in training.

"M-Matt?"

The guy was busy playing games on his phone and got startled upon hearing his name. His head snapped up and his eyes widened. "Oh shit, wow, wait... are you like back? I know that sounds weird, but it seemed you were kinda out of it the past few days and we all-"

"Matt... please. Slow down. Yes, I am back, I guess." Niel barely got to say. His throat still hurt and he had a slight headache still. But overall he felt way better than he did that morning he threw up.

The warrior in training scratched his neck awkwardly. "Sorry, I was kinda nervous when the Alpha asked me to watch you. No one who is in training gets such important tasks, you know?" Niel tiredly nodded his head, understanding Matt. "Anyway, do you need something?"

The teenager tried to sit up more straight. "S-some water... would be nice."

Matt immediately stood up. "Of course, they just brought another jar with fresh, cold water." He walked over to the coffee table in front of the couch where a jar with water and ice stood. After some small sips, Niel already felt way better. The water soothed his throat.

And then a strange feeling washed over him. He longed for somebody, he missed a certain someone's presence. It was Atlas. "Matt? Can you do me a favor?"

"Yes, anything Luna." Matt looked like a puppy to Niel. Eager to follow a command.

"Can you get Atlas?"

The guy quickly stood up from his chair again. "Uhm yes, of course, I will try, you know the Alpha just don't listen to some warrior in training-"

Niel had to once again stop his rambling. He felt for the guy, the nerves were dripping from him. The teenager held up his hand. "Just say the Luna is requesting the Alpha's presence, that should work right?"

"Oh yes, stupid of me. Be right back," And with that, he stormed off.

Niel wondered why Matt was there. The last person he saw sitting on that chair was Rain. How many days was he out of it? Did something happen to Rain? Did he miss something?

The headache only grew when he tried to figure out what had happened during the time he was gone. A restless feeling grew inside of him. He needed something, someone.

All those weird feelings went right out of the window when he saw Atlas entering their bedroom. The moment the Alpha ley his eyes on Niel he knew his mate was back again. He stormed toward his side and sat down next to him on the bed. "Oh thank the Goddess that you are back with us," Atlas whispered. He took Niel's face in his hands and kissed him on the forehead.

Atlas was a wreck the last couple of days, and Dr. Laura grew more and more into an impatient person. She tried to assure the Alpha that even though it was a pretty bad flu, it would be over someday. She tried to show him she watched Niel's progress every day and would make sure when Niel declined she would let the Alpha know. But that wasn't enough for Atlas.

"I missed you," The Alpha whispered softly.

Niel's response was something that took both men by surprise. "I missed you too." They both stared into each other's eyes. They were not saying anything, enjoying the small, innocent moment.