Chapter 5

"Atlas, what are you doing here?" Niel had just put on the light and could see the contours of the big guy. The shadows made Atlas even more intimidating, extenuating his muscles and sharp features.

Niel immediately sat up straight, his back touching the headboard. He could see Atlas was startled as well. Probably because he didn't expect him to wake up, Niel thought, which scared the teenage boy even more. Was this guy seriously watching him while he was asleep?

"I-I, I don't know." Atlas stood up trying to make his way to Niel.

Niel tried to move backward, pulling up his knees and pressing his back against the wall. Creating as much space as possible between the two.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?"

"I am sorry, I shouldn't be here."

Niel scoffed. "Now you are realizing that." Niel couldn't believe this guy. He was all about telling the boy how he should trust him and wouldn't hurt a single hair on his head. Meanwhile, he was acting like a sinful pervert.

It was an unfortunate misunderstanding.

"Once again, I am sorry, I couldn't help myself."

Now all alarm bells were ringing inside of Niel's head. He knew it, this guy was a creep. Of course, no one was as friendly as Atlas without any intentions. He tried to get up, which Atlas tried to prevent.

"Don't, please. Don't get up, your ankle." Niel couldn't comprehend what he was hearing and seeing. Atlas' actions were so conflicting.

"No, I want to go home. Now." Niel may have sounded stern and dominant but he felt the exact opposite. The boy felt scared out of his mind, what he didn't know was that Atlas felt just as scared but for different reasons.

"Please, let me explain."

"What is there to explain, you creep."

Atlas sighed. "Okay, let me make a promise then. I promise I will let you go home after you let me explain myself."

Niel had no idea if this was some kind of trick or if Atlas was speaking the truth. Nevertheless, Niel had nothing to lose hearing the big guy's explanation other than time.

"All right."

Atlas let out a breath of relief and walked back to the chair from which he was observing the boy. He sat down and took another deep breath. Rubbing his knees nervously, which was out of character according to Niel.

Niel saw Atlas as a stable guy, a guy with strength who could make anything happen to his will. Even though he witnessed Atlas didn't always get his way, he knew Atlas could do basically everything he want with the physical and mental power this guy had.

The teenage boy expected some bad made-up reason, seeing how out of character Atlas acted. But what he heard that night would change his life forever.

It was quiet for a couple of minutes. The silence felt heavy on Niel's body, deafening for his ears. He wanted answers and he wanted them now, or at least a bad excuse for Atlas's behavior so he could go home. That was all his mind was filled with. Hearing Atlas' excuse and then leave this place as fast as possible.

Only Niel didn't know this place would soon become acquainted with the big mansion.

"So, Niel, do you believe in faith or destiny?"

It was an odd question, to begin with, but Niel answered nevertheless. Anything to get out of here. "I guess, I mean I am a Christian so with God's plan and all I think there is something as destiny."