Chapter 11

Niel was invited for every meal, but he declined every single time. He didn't want to come eye to eye to the very person he hated the most in his life. Especially during a meal.

It was Sunday morning Niel was done with being cooped up in his bedroom. He had grew restless and wanted to release his energy. The teenage boy opened the door and was met by an familiar face. Only he couldn't put a name to it.

The unfamiliar person straightened his back and turned towards Niel. The male didn't speak and just stood there waiting for Niel, for a command or request. The teenage boy had no idea what to do so he just stated, "I want to run." When he didn't get an immediate response, he further clarified, "You know, to exercise."

The man nodded his head and made a gesture to follow him. Both of them moved through the pack house where Niel met multiple pack members on his way. All of them looked at him with anger in their eyes.

The man came to a sudden stop in front of a door that was slightly ajar. Niel could hear multiple voices from the room where the door lead to. They both entered and Niel was faced with again unfamiliar faces, except for one, Levi.

"Beta Barlowe, do you have some time to spare?" The male asked.

Levi looked confused but quickly restored that. "Uhm, yes, yes why?"

"The human wants to run."

"Ezra, please, lighten up. He has a name and one day you will be his subordinate." Levi said while he put a hand on Ezra's shoulder. It was upon hearing that name Niel remembered the werewolf. He was the one who announced the doctor. And the first one who looked at him like the others did, as if he was a monster.

The mention of Ezra being Niel's subordinate resulted into a growl from the wolf. Something Niel wasn't quite used to yet.

"All right, follow me Niel. Let's go on a run." After a quick change of clothes, which seemed rather difficult seeing as the werewolves were very large and big in comparison of Niel, they finally managed to get outside.

"Okay, some ground rules first, my dude. It's fairly simple, don't try to run away because I will catch you and I will have to report to Atlas and honestly I think if you run away again he will actually lock you up."

Niel nodded his head. "Noted."

"Good, now follow me. I know the good paths." Levi winked.

Both of them were running through the woods, enjoying the cool summer morning weather. For Levi it was a quite easy going run as the pace was too slow for him to feel it. Werewolves had great physic and great endurance. It was Niel who started to having a hard time when they were twenty minutes in. "Wait, wait," He said breathlessly. "Hold on." Niel had put his hands in his sides and leaned forward in a sad attempt to catch his breath more easily.

"I am sorry, I forgot humans aren't as well build like we are."

Niel couldn't respond, still trying to catch his breath. "Why don't you sit down for a bit." Levi pointed out at a fallen tree trunk. The teenage boy still couldn't respond but did as suggested.

Once he sat down Levi joined him. "Can I ask you something?" Levi asked.

Niel nodded.

"Why...why are you so against all of this?" His voice came out hesitant and it was laced with worry. Niel could not only hear it, but see it too. Levi looked tensed.

"Why do you care?" Niel didn't understand why the Beta would ask him something so personal. It was not him being involved in whatever was going on between Niel and Atlas.