Chapter 16

Trigger warning: mentions of assault and abuse. Read at your own risk! 

When Atlas came back that evening late and exhausted from work he had almost forgotten Niel would be there in his room. Their room. He smiled when he saw the teenager with his earbuds listening to music. The music was sad.

Noticing that Niel wouldn't acknowledge him he shut the door, locked it, and went for a shower. A steaming hot shower and his mate beside him would for sure rest the beast inside him. The last couple of days Atlas had a hard time not acting on his instincts and remaining calm to not scare his mate further away from him.

Niel was angry and highly frustrated. The longer he stayed here the more he felt controlled, confined, and silenced. It was even worse when he lived his normal life before all this madness.

As Atlas walked back into the bedroom with only a towel around his waist, Niel stated, "I want my old room back."

The Alpha sighed. Still, the boy didn't listen to him, still, he went against his word. Why couldn't Niel just accept all of this?

"You want a lot of things, Niel. You want your old room, you want to go to school, you want to go home. You want and want and want. Well, guess what, if you don't remember anymore, nobody wants you in your human world, but I want you and it would be better if you would just submit," Atlas said lowly, stalking slowly towards Niel.

The teenager gulped.

"Now how about you get ready for bed?" Niel was too afraid to go against the Alpha now. He knew just how to push Niel's buttons. The men both got ready for bed, only Niel had no desire to sleep in the same bed as Atlas. So when he was ready he situated himself on the couch.

"Niel, come here."

"I would rather not."

"It wasn't a request."

Niel turned around pissed off and saw the Alpha sitting on the bed, his back resting against the headboard. A tension formed in the room as both men didn't say anything and just stared at each other. When Niel didn't move, Atlas's face darkened and he got off from the bed, that was until the teenager slowly moved toward the bed. He was filled with fear when he saw the change in Atlas' demeanor.

The teenager stood beside the bed but couldn't bring it in him to lay in it, so he just stood there.

"Niel?" Atlas patted the bed next to him. "Come."

Too afraid of what the Alpha would do if he didn't listen, the teenage boy slowly and carefully went into the bed, trying to stay on the edge of the bed. Only the Alpha had other plans. He wrapped his arm around his mate's waist and pulled him to the middle of the bed where Niel would lay in the embrace of the werewolf. He felt trapped and wanted nothing more than to sleep on the couch, but the grip felt strong and tight and he knew he couldn't possibly fight it.

"Goodnight, my mate," Atlas whispered and planted a small kiss on the crown of Niel's head. For weeks now he had dreamt of this moment and now it was finally here, which led him in some good dreams that night. Niel, on the other hand, had a hard time falling asleep and when he slept it felt restless.

The next morning Niel woke up alone, something he didn't expect. After a quick shower and brushing his teeth he dressed in the clothes that didn't smell like home anymore. He sighed.

When he stood in front of the door he almost expected it to be locked, fortunately, it was not. As he made his way downstairs, there was one thing on his mind, which was finding Rain. Niel wanted to know more about the man named Atlas. During his shower, he came to the thought that he didn't know a single thing about the Alpha. Except for the fact, he eats everything with hot sauce and it was truly everything.