Chapter 13

The next morning Niel woke up alone. He couldn't exactly remember what had happened the other day as his nightmare was engraved on his mind. It was the only thing he could think about as he put on some clothes that were apparently laid out for him. Niel missed his brother and felt like he could have done something to prevent it. After all his failures, not being able to keep his brother alive was one of his biggest failures, according to the younger brother. You are a failure, was chanting through his head.

Niel had to do something. Trying to get that sense of guilt, a sense of failure somehow out of his mind. He needed to do something. Something!

When fully dressed he had one mission: finding Atlas. Without a second thought, he stormed out of his room, forgetting two huge warriors of werewolves were guarding his door. Shocked by the sudden movement both men immediately straighten their backs and shared a look of confusion when Niel passed them. When they noticed the boy walked off they scrambled after him.

"You need to get back, we haven't heard officially yet everything is safe." One of them said.

Niel ignored them. First, he entered the kitchen, then the dining room, and the living room, and when Niel still hadn't found him he had only one place in his mind. His study.

The moment the warriors notice the head in the direction of the future Luna they started to intervene. "The Alpha is not available yet... Hey!"

"Boy, we are talking to you. The Alpha is in a meeting." The warriors wanted to grab the teenager and drag him to his room. Only they didn't get any kind of permission for such treatment towards the Alpha's mate and they couldn't ask because of said meeting.

Niel again ignored them and stormed inside the office. Beta Levi and the former Alpha's were in a serious conversation with Atlas when they say him enter. Before they could object Niel spoke loud and clearly, "I want to go home."

Of course, this didn't sat well with the Alpha. "Niel, if you don't mind, we are in a meeting here. I will talk to you later."

"I do mind. I want to go home. Now." Determination was written all over Niel. Never in his life he felt so confident and assured of himself.

Atlas stood up. "Even if the situation would have been normal, which it is not, you know the rule. You can't leave."

"I don't care. This is my life and you have nothing on me, I want, no, I need to go home." Desperation started slowly seeping through Niel's voice. The big guy noticed the small change. He politely asked the other wolves to leave his office so he could have a more private conversation with his now very disobedient mate.

"Othniel, there is something you need to know and maybe I should have explained this to you sooner, but you have no authority here in any sense. It is true an Alpha and Luna are equals to each other, but you aren't part of the pack yet. Hence, why you have no authority or say in what's happening to you or any other regards. Besides all of this, there is another matter at hand."

Atlas walked around his desk, slowly stalking Niel. "There were three rogues seen around the pack borders, two dead, one captured. For now everything looks fine, but we don't know if it was just them or if there are others nearby. Before we have the green light everyone has to stay put in there homes, meaning you too."

When the last words left his mouth he stood right in front of his mate, who now gulped. Niel's determination slowly crumbled and was replaced by insecurity and fear, but the small but annoying voice in the back of his head still whispered to him, you are a failure.

"Please, I need to go home." Niel spoke lowly.

Atlas softened when noticing the vulnerability that his mate was showing to him. It almost felt like Niel was showing his neck as a sign of submission the way his head was hanging low. "Why do you need to go home?"