Chapter 10

Levi and Niel arrived at the two big mahogany doors. "He's inside." Levi directed and walked away.

Carefully Niel opened the door. He saw Atlas standing in front of one of the big windows, looking down at some documents. A worried expression on his face. For a moment Niel felt for his mate and had an urge to comfort the big guy.

The moment was short lived though.

When Atlas laid his eyes upon Niel he smiled. Seeing his mate so frequently, to be so close together, gave him great joy. It eased him after such a long day. "How was your day?"

Niel shrugged, not really knowing how to describe how he felt, how his day actually went. Often his mind wondered to other places, to other worries than the worry of remembering where everything was located in this pack or which rules he had to follow. Niel felt he locked his feelings up until they grew bigger and bigger to the point the save he kept them in was too full and exploded and everything was set free. Like the three days he just ley on his bed.

"Come here," Atlas ushered his mate. When Niel sat down in the seat in front of the desk, Atlas joined him in the other seat next to his. "How is your ankle? I see you don't use the crutches or are limping anymore."

"It's fine," The teenage boy replied shortly.

Atlas couldn't help himself and gently grabbed Niel's hand in his. The sparks he could feel, felt addicting. He only wanted to more. He wanted to see Niel everyday, hold him everyday and... do other stuff with him everyday.

Niel quickly snatched his hand back. "Can you just not touch me? I don't like it." Atlas sighed. He questioned how many times he would be rejected like this by his own mate. His patience was thinning and he hated it, but at the same time he couldn't help it.

Normally werewolves would seal their mate bond within a week. Even when the mates would hate each other before they knew, it would take days before they were all over each other. Their smells, touch and even presence would make them grow insane if they weren't close to one another.

Even between a human and werewolf it would take quicker then Atlas and Niel's situation. It had been almost two weeks since they first saw each other and they weren't even comfortable with holding hands. Well, Niel wasn't comfortable.

Atlas turned away and move to the seat behind the desk. He looked over some documents, but he had now a hard time focusing. "So, I was wondering, do you still want to finish high school?"

The teenage boy grew confused. He thought he couldn't leave this place. But then again, would he want to go back, seeing his situation? A part of him was afraid for what was waiting for him. For what Jasper and his clique would do. Another part of him wanted to finish high school. He had no idea where his life would be going, especially with the whole werewolf thing going on, but having a diploma would always come in handy, he thought.

"Of course, if you chose to go back to school there will be some rules."

"Rules?" Niel asked.

"Yes, I will bring you and come get you from school. One of the pack members will enroll for the last couple of months to watch over you and, most importantly, keep others away from what is mine." The last part the alpha didn't want to say but the beast inside of him got the best of him. It terrified Niel.

He stood up while he said, "I-I can't be owned. I-I am not some, some property for you to own."

This struck a nerve with the werewolf. Atlas' wolf didn't like what he was hearing. "You are mine and that's the end of it."

Niel didn't want to listen any further and stormed out of the office. His thoughts racing a thousand miles per hour. He didn't want to stay in this weird place any longer. Niel took his bag, threw it over his shoulder, and made sure the hallway to his room was empty.

He got back inside and opened the balcony door, looking for a way out. It took some time but in the end, he figured out a way down. Once he landed on the ground he didn't think twice and sprinted his way to the pack borders.

The moment he crossed them howls were heard through the forest. The teenage boy silently cursed under his breath. Even though Niel's ankle was almost healed, it still felt sore. He knew for sure he wouldn't make it, not with the speed he was going at right now. Twilight had set in the sky and it grew darker and darker in the forest. It became harder to see for Niel where he was going. A couple of times he almost tripped and one time he almost ran into a tree. He could hear his heartbeat in his throat. Exhaustion caught up with him and Niel slowed down. He tried his best to keep up, but he was out of shape after a week of not exercising. He could already feel the difference.

Soon he heard the bushes move behind him and all of a sudden a blur of a shadow passed him and threw him to the ground. Niel landed face first, his nose filled with the musky smell of dirt. He could hear loud breathing and slowly he turned around. What he saw was the last thing he would imagine, it was a big dark grey wolf, staring right at him. He just lay there, not knowing what to do, other wolves gathered around them, and shortly people as well. One of them Niel recognized, Levi.

"Alpha, he needs room to get up. Why don't you back up a bit?" The Beta whispered. The grey wolf didn't like his suggestion however and made it known with a loud growl. A growl that went right through Niel. Never in his life had he felt this scared.

The wolf liked standing over his mate, to see him under himself. It brought the wolf great joy and he wasn't planning on ruining that just yet. When he enjoyed the moment for long enough he slowly backed up.

Carefully Niel stood up, but when he wanted to move away Levi warned him. "Stay close to him, otherwise he will turn angry and you don't want to see him turn angry Othniel." The usage of Niel's full name made the teenage boy know the Beta was serious.

Niel did as he was told and stayed close to the wolf, which he now knew it was Atlas. When the others had walked away, the two mates started to move. The human boy stayed within two feet of the wolf to make sure not to piss him off.

When they finally came home, Levi escorted Niel to his room again. He had waited there until Atlas came back, in his human form. The anger inside the teenager was replaced by fear and he did not dare to move from the bed.

Niel could hear the sound of the heavy footsteps, which he presumed, to be Atlas'. The door was smashed open and a heavy-breathing Atlas stood in front of Niel. He was pissed. Absolutely pissed. His mate had disobeyed him, an alpha, in the most unrespectful manner and his whole pack knew about it.

"You can forget going back to school. You will be now under 24/7 surveillance until I say differently." With that Atlas stormed off.