prologue

Baron Von Strucker was born a control freak. He wanted control over his life, other peoples lives, and the world. That was exactly what was in his hands when he held Loki Laufeyson's scepter, the one the infamous Asgardian prince used to wreak havoc in New York. With that scepter, one could easily rule the world- or destroy it, however he sought to be fit. But Strucker decided to devote the scepter's core, the tesseract, to science.

Sokovian orphans Wanda & Pietro Maximoff were the only two survivors of Strucker's brutal experiments, the both of them receiving a handful of special qualities that made they worthy of the nickname "The Enhanced". With these gifts, Wanda and Pietro could finally avenge their parent's deaths.

Ultron had something different in mind.

17 year old Anastazya Dmitriev from Zelenograd, Russia, just wanted to fit in. But when Nick Fury gained wind of her deadly and uncontrollable power over the elements, he did the exact opposite. He put a suit on her and made her a hero.

Anastazya didn't have a problem dealing with Loki; she didn't find any remorse in taking down H.Y.D.R.A. But when it came to Pietro Maximoff, she found herself repeatedly falling for a boy she could never hope to keep up with.