speedy dick (one shot)

DEDICATED TO stilestastic FOR BEING SO AMAZING AND RANDOMLY WRITING A ONE SHOT

HERE IS THAT ONESHOT
-Mika

Ascendancy One-Shot
Written by stilestastic; inspired by a prompt from Tumblr

It was two o'clock in the afternoon, and Anastazya almost froze Steve's face off.

Immediately his shield went up to deflect the wave of ice that she accidentally sent his way. He held it there for a second in case there was something else behind it, then lowered it to see Ana frozen - no pun intended - in shock. Her mouth was hanging open and eyes were wide like she just swore in front of the President.

It wasn't the first time something like this had happened, but every time it did, it shocked Ana to the core. The Avengers had been taking turns helping her control her powers in the training room in the Avengers Tower- all of them except Pietro. No one really trusted him to help her train, and they figured he would eventually annoy her so much it would result in the ground beneath him caving in, and him falling down to the floor below or something violent like that. He had that effect on people- especially Ana.

"Hey, it's all right," Steve coaxed as Ana's frightened eyes met his. "I'm fine. It was an accident, and that's why we're training you, right?"

"It's been exactly two weeks and there hasn't been any improvement," Ana grumbled, now staring at the floor. "I suck."

"You do not suck," Tony said from where he stood in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall because he thought he was cool. The rule was that there had to be two supervisors - or as Ana liked to call them, babysitters - in the room at all times in case something happened. Tony and Steve were an interesting combination, and by far her favorite. "You just gotta, ya know, get your head in the game."

Neither Ana or Steve caught onto the reference he made to High School Musical, and Tony resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Why are you looking at us like that?" Steve questioned, then shook his head. "Doesn't matter. Back to training. Ana, come at me."

Ana's eyes widened for the second time, stunned. She never thought she'd hear the Captain America tell her to attack him, and as much as he was like a father to her, it was still weird.

Tony laughed, uncrossing his arms from his chest. "C'mon, kiddo. You won't hurt the Butterball." He deepened his voice and held out one arm dramatically like he was in theater. "Whennn Captain America throws his mighty shieeellddd-"

"Stop," Steve warned, glaring at the billionaire who was really off-key.

"-all those who chose to oppose his shield must yieeellddd!"

"Tony, I'm trying to work here."

"If he's lead to a fight and a duel is due-"

"Stark."

"Then the red and the white and the blue'll-"

Before Ana could blink, Cap had whipped out his mighty shield and threw it like a frisbee at Tony. Tony ducked, pulling his arms over his head in protection and staring at the circle of Vibranium that was now embedded into his wall.

"Thanks," he said, probably adding up the cost to repair that in his head. "I guess I should have yielded."

Steve came over and plucked his shield from the wall without trouble. He walked back to the center calmly, then suddenly whipped the shield at Ana without any warning. On instinct, she rose up the floor to block it, heart nearly stopping when she remembered the terrifying image of it spiraling toward her head.